Locked out from Wii U

fout21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've purchased a used Wii U a while ago. Today I tried to use it but I noticed it has a parant account and one child account on it. I can't access the parent account because it asks for a password. If I open the child account I can open a game but simple things like setting up a internet connection is not possible. I want to factory reset the device but cannot without the password of the previous owner. The owner doesn't response to any messages anymore. Wonder if there is a workaround or a guide to factory reset without parental access.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I don’t know if I can post the link here without getting into trouble.

Look up salthax. It’ll be the top result in Google.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another possible way would be to just try all possible PINs. As it's Just 4 digits numerical and most likely a birth date this is doable.

fout21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update: received the Wii U back from Nintendo and all the family safety locks were removed. I've put it back into factory settings and installed my own account. The thing that amazed me most was that Mario Kart 8 was still there. Somehow the game is programmed into the Wii U.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The thing that amazed me most was that Mario Kart 8 was still there.
nintendo_wupskagp_32gb_wii_u_mario_1186322.jpg

;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, to answer your question, they're a fusion Brit-pop/J-pop/electronic band with a woman...