saitama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question concerning the AceKard specifically...maybe I have to do something to fix it, I'm not really sure.

When I had my R4, I had 2 different micro SD cards, 1GB Kingston and 2GB unbranded, both worked like a charm with no problems whatsoever. When I got my AceKard2i I went out and bought a 4GB Lexar, seeing as R4 doesn't support past 2GB. So when I was playing Taiko no Tatsujin I noticed that while switching songs there is a one second delay loading the songs, a tad bothersome but I didn't think much of it. When I loaded up Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan the game stalls for nearly 5 seconds before loading the actual song to play. I took my 2GB unbranded and loaded AKAIO on it and still the same problem. On my R4 the 1GB Kingston and 2GB unbranded never had a problem, it would load immediately. Is there something with the AceKard software where I need to do something special to my micro SD to make it load faster? The one second delay for Taiko doesn't bother me but five seconds to load a song in Ouendan...that's just insane. I've put the files in folders to seperate them from each other thinking that might be the problem but it still doesn't change anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just kinda surprised that the AceKard2i in some aspects isn't up to par with the long dead R4.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would never describe waiting 5 seconds as "insane" when your doing stuff on your nds that it wasn't designed for! but that is a discussion for another day. try the panasonic formatter on your msd to begin with. you can find a link in the akaio wiki. put on the most recent version of akaio and test with the different DMA modes. again you can read about those in the wiki as well. msd size directly effects the speed at which files can be loaded. the more files you have the longer it takes to seek, load, patch, execute. using the panasonic formatter will greatly improve performance. when it comes to cards greater than 2gb you need to pay attention to the class. class 2 and 4 cards have been known to cause issues, experience slow down, etc. if your card is a class6 i would assume the issue has to do with the way its formatted.

run some tests and post back.

akaio wiki: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO

-another world

saitama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for all the info, I'll definetly give that all a shot tomorrow and tell you how it goes. It is a class 2 SHDC but what I can't figure it is how the 2GB works fine on the R4 but it has the same issues the 4GB has on the AceKard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉