Loading SAV with EZFlash V 3 in 1

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Cza102282, Nov 13, 2008.

Nov 13, 2008
  1. Cza102282
    OP

Newcomer Cza102282 Member

United States
    I have exhausted my googling capabilities on this one. I just received my Ez Flash V 3 in 1 today and the first game I try to play and save, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga does not work. Here are the details...

I am using CycloDS Evolution w/ firmware v1.5 Beta 4

I use Rudolphs 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Tool to boot the games.

I have a rom of the game. I use the SRAM patch first. Then place the game in my GBA folder on the root directory.

I start up Rudolphs 3in1 and I always get the message 'SRAM save data not found. CAn't back up to SAV file'. I play the game for 10 mins until the first save point. I save it. It saves successfully.

I turn off my DS and start the game again. I get the message of 'Empy of New State' in the current SRAM section. I start the game and I get the same message 'SRAM save data not found. CAn't back up to SAV file'.

Is there something different with this particular game???

So I looked into the new firmware v1.5 Beta 4. I tried it out on another game super mario advance 4 and it seemed to work fine. Mind you I was not going through Rudolphs Tool. I tried Mario and Luigi with this method and same results. It would let me save, but when I turn off and restart, no save file exists.

Could this be something with my rom??

This really sucks because this is the FIRST game I have attempted to use with my product I got today...Spent a lot of time sifting through forums but to avail. Somebody please help!!!!!

2. Killer Phantom

Member Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have same problem with my Pokemon games(no save at all), and to lesser extent, WarioWare games(it can save but I need to backup it quickly or else it's gone).

Maybe your cart is defective...I'll let someone else explain it.

3. Cza102282
    OP

United States
    How do you back it up quickly?? I don't know if that option is available with a CycloDS??

I did notice an option in Rudolph's 3-1 that said backup to SRAM to .SAV. That would make sense. How do I do that in-game??

4. Cza102282
    OP

United States
    Maybe it's a battery issue?? How can I tell if the battery is dead?? How would I replace it if it is??

5. Cza102282
    OP

United States
    I just sent it back to try and get a new working one. I am assuming I have a defect.

So......

If this doesn't work out, can anyone tell me what kind of slot 2 device will play and SAVE games on a cycloDS evolution slot 1 device??????? I am not going to give up. Mario and Luigi Superstar Sage looks super sweet.

6. Cza102282
    OP

United States
    Just got my new one.....

And it turns out, it was a defect.

Killer Phantom, I owe you for moving me down that path......

7. bat_mvd

Newcomer bat_mvd Newbie

Uruguay
    I have the same problem... I think. I load a gba rom to NOR (I'm using an R4 1.18 + 3in1 + GBAExploader 0.57). the game plays fine and saves fine but the game is in fact not saved. I tried with castlevania AOS without sram patching and it didn't work. So I tried with the same rom but unpatched and it didn't work either. I star playing the game and when I reach the first save point I save the game with no problems, I keep playing until I reach the second save point (about 4-5 mins of gameplay at this point). Now that I saved the game for the second time I try to put the sleep option and the game says it is not possible to enter sleep mode until you save the game at least once. So the game was never saved at all.
    Since I can't softreset the ds I turn it off and on again and re enter gbaexploader 0.57 and it apear to had saved the game, I mean there is a save file but when I play the game there's no saved game. Could it be the battery? I purchased my 3in1 last week so I can't believe I could be so unlucky...

8. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Rudolphs 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Tool is outdated because it can't detect the new 3in1 hardware. Thats is why you should be using GBAExploader instead.

pokemon games REQUIRE an RTC patch to play on ANY 3in1 PERIOD. that is why your poke games don't save correctly. Other games will require you to SRAM patch it to play properly.

9. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  10. haircut

Newcomer haircut Newbie

United States