loading HB launcher without gamepad

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by aljpn91, Mar 3, 2017.

1. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    is is possible to load homebrew launcher without the gamepad using haxchi?
    i need to send my gamepad away to repair and it may take well over a month until i get it back.
    i already set loadiine.ovh to autoboot, but i noticed that if no gamepad is present it'll give me the "fsgetmountsource failed" error.
    loading miimaker doesn't work either without the pad.
    if i load hb launcher through haxchi should i expect the same result? (because i havent bought the ds game yet)
    can someone try haxchi or cbhc without turning the gamepad on? (before i buy brain training)

Last edited by aljpn91, Mar 4, 2017
  2. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    can anyone with haxchi/cbhc check this out for me on their wii u before i pick up the game from the eshop, please?
    i dont want to find out the hard way, thanks in advance

3. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Sadly you need the gamepad. I tried to use my pro controller and Wii mote but nothing worked In the hbl menu I needed to touch.

Edit. Used haxchi that took me into hbl idk about cbhc.

Last edited by Mystic Shadow, Mar 4, 2017
  4. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    the only reason why i needed to access the hb launcher, is because i wanted to use my dualshock3 as a replacement for the gamepad.
    but i found out that you need them both to be turned on, or else the ds3 wont work.
    i also didn't found any problem navigating the hb launcher with the wiimote, my problem was loading "hb launcher" with the browser while the gamepad was turned off.

5. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Ahhh OK sorry very tired too much Zelda. Biggest flaw of the wiiu it's too damn dependent on the gamepad

6. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    yeah, but i'm still curious if cbhc/haxchi will boot or not with the gamepad turned off, and no one was able to give me a clear answer

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Cbhc will boot without a gamepad. Haxchi should too if you edit the meta.xml

aljpn91 likes this.
  8. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    thanks for letting me know mate, thats one less thing to worry about now.
    but i still need to find out if i'm going to be able to use hidtovpad with my DS3 without having my gamepad around