Hacking Loading Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero error

Coyori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to load Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero from my USB hard drive via Wii Flow, and all I get is a frozen Wii with a black screen. Lots of other games load fine. Does anyone know of an update I might need, or special settings to use? Thanks in advance!

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to rip it again. Same thing happened to me with Super Mario Bros. I almost gave up, until I re-ripped it and presto, it worked. Maybe your having the same issue as me. Hope I help!

WiiFan2012

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am completely frustrated by Band Hero. I had no idea this was going to be so difficult. I have been using USB Loader GX. Wii has a Cyclowiz chip running on 4.1U. Normally I can skip the USB loader completely and just play off of a DVD but this disc won't even read in the Disc Channel. If there's a fix for that, please let me know and I can skip all of this USB Loader stuff.

So I tried to get Band Hero working tonight. I had only used Waninkoko cios38 before. Once I had to use Alternate dol method. So I found out about Hermes cios files. I was able to get IOS56-64-v5146 wad installed, Hermes cios222 with IOS38 merged with IOS37, cios223 with IOS38 merged with IOS60. I did not get cios202 installed as I've been having wireless router issues with the wii. I then installed the Configurable USB Loader, turned on cios222-mload, 002 fix on and off, tried cios223-mload, etc. The best I was able to do is get to the 'wrist strap be careful you don't hit objects screen'. Then the DVD drive blinks blue about every 2 seconds and I get a black screen and I'm locked up.

- Any fix to my Cyclowiz mod chip to allow for Band Hero to play through Disc Channel (a patch to the disc image for example, or a hack that expands the capabilities of the disc channel)?
- Did I do something worng? Do I need cios202 installed?
- I also downloaded cIOS Corp 3.6. Should I install all of those?
- Do I need to use uLoader that came with the Hermes v4 files?

Please help me. To be honest, I could give a crap about playing the game. No I want to solve this puzzle.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just need to configure your USB Loader to use the specific IOS. I'm not terribly familiar with that loader, but in the game settings (before you launch) there should be an option to specifiy which IOS you want to use for loading. Select 222 (or 223) and you should be good to go. (You will probably need the 002 fix enabled as well)

Edit: Ok, it could be a bad backup if you managed to load the game as far as the Wrist-Strap screen. Try the uLoader app first, but you could need to get another dump of the game.

IOS 202 is not used for this purpose.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, i had the same problem today, but using uLoader v3.3, the latest one and all i get is a frozen black screen. what do i need to do, patch this(http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOI5WMH4) and it'll work?

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try leaving all of the settings at default and just forcing NTSC. (This is with CFG USB Loader, and was the only thing that WORKED FOR ME. No other settings needed.)

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, i just got it to work using F. NTSC and cIOS 223, fixed my own problem!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1