Hacking Loadiine file management

Coman28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone feels the same, but I honestly hate how the Loadiine file system is set up. Every game, retro or new, are all smashed into one folder, only knowing which game is which simply by memory. Is there any way or anyone fixing this? I highly doubt there is, seeing as the exploit right now is very limited. But with all the hype of IOSU, anything could happen.

Personally, it would be muhc more easier if games were in their own sub-categories. Example; Wii U games go in Wii U folder. G:/wiiu/games/WiiU/PokkenTournament. Any info or homebrew would be great, thanks.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Once IOSU is released and a loadiine forwarder is made, you could organize them all on the home menu any way you like. Although this isn't the filing system like you're talking about it's probably the place you're going to see the games most. I get sorting games but once you put them in the games folder you never have to touch them again (apart from adding updates or dlc or mods or whatever).

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"SD:/wiiu/games/wiiu"

Where's the logic in that?

Perhaps @Maschell could implement a favourites/sub categories akin to wiiflows methods?

I asked @dimok about this a while back as a suggestion to separate wiiu/eshop/VC into separate selectable flows, but I don't think it's any priority for anyone right now.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I highly doubt there is, seeing as the exploit right now is very limited. But with all the hype of IOSU, anything could happen.

@brienj another one

It's been said several times, and I'll say it again: The kernel exploit gives you more power than a retail game. Homebrew will not directly benefit from an IOSU exploit. If a piece of homebrew is missing a feature you'd like, it's usually not the exploit's fault, especially if it's something as simple as folder organisation.

I agree that the folder system could use a bit of love, however.

Coman28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wasn't trying to start any arguments, I'm just curious as anybody else is. And what I mean is exactly my example.
G:/wiiu/games/WiiU/Pokken Tournament
G:/wiiu/games/SNES/EarthBound
and so on for other consoles.

Reactions: Derverd
D

Deleted User

I really wasn't trying to start any arguments, I'm just curious as anybody else is. And what I mean is exactly my example.
G:/wiiu/games/WiiU/Pokken Tournament
G:/wiiu/games/SNES/EarthBound
and so on for other consoles.
Could probably happen in the future, but I don't think its priority.
Who knows? Maybe someone is secretly working on an auto-organiser that analyses your backup and sorts it for you instantly. :P (not me though, not enough time on my hands)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end