Hacking Loadiine channel version (request)

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing, if you are going to use Loadiine to run games on the SD card, then WHY do you want to install it on the NAND? If you already have the SD card for the games, then what is the problem with having Loadiine on that SD card? Just use Haxchi as a forwarder to Loadiine on your SD card. I MAY, and this is a very strong MAY, make a channel forwarder that doesn't require a VC DS title like Haxchi, and will load an elf off the SD card, but for now, just install another Haxchi to load Loadiine off the SD card by default, or add a button press to launch it using your current Haxchi. I am currently porting a bunch of homebrew apps to installable channels, but Loadiine is definitely not one that I will be doing, because it's just redundant.
Which games? Is there a source for this?
I mean that there are a few games that there is not a ticket available, and there are a handful of games that are disc only, which would require a dump of the game with wud dump to install them.

Last edited by brienj,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... If you already have the SD card for the games, then what is the problem with having Loadiine on that SD card? Just use Haxchi as a forwarder to Loadiine on your SD card... ...for now, just install another Haxchi to load Loadiine off the SD card by default, or add a button press to launch it using your current Haxchi...
Yep. Exactly what it is...a forwarder.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll just be the one to ask.... why would you want loadiine anymore?
Honestly, the ONLY reason I would even think of using Loadiine anymore, was as a quick way to test an rpx build of an installable channel I was working on, but honestly, it's just as fast to just install the newer test version with wup installer ...

Why people still use it for games, I'll never understand.

Reactions: ItsKipz

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Why people still use it for games, I'll never understand.
Ask all the people out there with bricks, and I bet they would go back to Loadiine GX2 in a heartbeat...over having nothing!

Although FIX94 as done a good job, recently, of adding protective measures into his builds of Haxchi and CBHC, there is still a LOT of risk out there. And since the continual trend is "instant-gratification" (we want it NOW), too many users are bricking their systems by being stupid.

I may be a little hypocritical, but we all need to: Slow down... Wait for stability... Read the directions... Ask before acting...

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask all the people out there with bricks, and I bet they would go back to Loadiine GX2 in a heartbeat...over having nothing!

Although FIX94 as done a good job, recently, of adding protective measures into his builds of Haxchi and CBHC, there is still a LOT of risk out there. And since the continual trend is "instant-gratification" (we want it NOW), too many users are bricking their systems by being stupid.

I may be a little hypocritical, but we all need to: Slow down... Wait for stability... Read the directions... Ask before acting...
Yeah, but wup-installer can't brick you so long as you read directions properly. If you look at http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/ literally all the bricks but one are user-error, and the one that was a bug got fixed.

Reactions: brienj

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but wup-installer can't brick you so long as you read directions properly. If you look at http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/ literally all the bricks but one are user-error, and the one that was a bug got fixed.
ALL software will have bugs; it is inherent. Not reading directions is probably the #1 cause of bricks, but wasn't completely the point I was trying to make.

Reactions: WiiuGold

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

If a game doesn't install correctly with wup installer, it doesn't brick the system, it will show question marks for the icon and name and you just delete it in the memory management. Installing to USB is even safer. I still don't know why people think it will brick their systems installing with wup installer, especially games downloaded from NUS or dumped with FIX94's tools. Sure you could potentially brick your system installing a SYSTEM APP, but not games, never.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a game doesn't install correctly with wup installer, it doesn't brick the system, it will show question marks for the icon and name and you just delete it in the memory management. Installing to USB is even safer. I still don't know why people think it will brick their systems installing with wup installer, especially games downloaded from NUS or dumped with FIX94's tools. Sure you could potentially brick your system installing a SYSTEM APP, but not games, never.
I never said WUPInstaller was bricking systems. In fact, the post you quoted had nothing to do with WUPInstaller! Slow down...

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2, , Reason: clarified "my post" with "the post you quoted"

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have GX2 For all my eshop games , when dimok addes usb fat32 , it will be great :)
Honestly i don't see why would usb support would benefit Loadiine at all. It would still depend on Mii Maker to run so that means it will have the same compatibility issues than it did before and the fact that it still needs to run games uncompressed so it would still need to load alot of tiny files which means the games that suffer from masive slowdown would pretty much run the same without improvement whatsoever. The only way that could be resolve it would be with adding support for compressed WUD files, kinda like the Wii and its .wbfs format for USB Loading. And Loadiine lacks folder support which automatically lowers its usefulness score 10 points.

Reactions: brienj and ItsKipz

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly i don't see why would usb support would benefit Loadiine at all. It would still depend on Mii Maker to run so that means it will have the same compatibility issues than it did before and the fact that it still needs to run games uncompressed so it would still need to load alot of tiny files which means the games that suffer from masive slowdown would pretty much run the same without improvement whatsoever. The only way that could be resolve it would be with adding support for compressed WUD files, kinda like the Wii and its .wbfs format for USB Loading. And Loadiine lacks folder support which automatically lowers its usefulness score 10 points.
Plus, at the point you start using USB for games in Loadiine, you may as well use that USB to install the games with wup installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: