Hacking Load Multidisc Gamecube Backups from Disc Channel?

rooskie54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to load multidisc (as in multiple games on 1 disc, not a game that requires two discs) gamecube backups from the disc channel? I know to get wii backups working in the disc channel you use CIOSCORP or SoftMii or something similar, but before I go through the process of getting that setup I would just like to know if with Waninkoko's custom MIOS is it possible to load multidisc games from the disc channel.

The only reason I ask is because from my experience Backup Loader Gamma (as a channel) gives me a GCOS menu with the options BOOT DVD and Credits. BOOT DVD prompts me to put a disc in the drive and press A and ultimately doesn't load anything. Loading the GC Backup Launcher (through HBC) gives me a black and white menu where I can choose which game to load. I'm just wondering if I'll get the menu that will actually allow me to choose which disc I want when loading from the disc channel if I were to install something such as CIOSCORP. And if I needed to tweak any settings to make that happen what I would need to do.

Thanks in advance for any help with his.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you're using an old version of gcos to create the multidisc. Old versions have the Boot DVD option, and only after that it reads the games on disc and compiles a list. But apparently this fails for you. I think this is because it sort of remounts the dvd. And this time the loader doesn't fool the wii into accepting the backup. Normally it would work, because in the first place this application was intended to work with modchips. And a modchip would just load the dvd again correctly.
But the latest gcos immediatly reads the games and displays them in a list, without having to select read DVD first. I think this should work for you

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it works for me, but i'm using Wiigators Mios patcher to get Multi Iso working through the disc channel just press X and then A to install with WiiGators and you just have to press left or right to chose your Game

I have been having problem using Wan's MIOS Patcher, The Multi Game just loads in GCOS but wont load any of the games, This is though the Disc Channel, It Works good through the Backup Loader though

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBlaster said:
Well it works for me, but i'm using Wiigators Mios patcher to get Multi Iso working through the disc channel just press X and then A to install with WiiGators and you just have to press left or right to chose your Game

Wait, so wiigator's cmios skips the gcos menu and displays a menu of its own?

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBlaster said:

I have been having problem using Wan's MIOS Patcher, The Multi Game just loads in GCOS but wont load any of the games, This is though the Disc Channel, It Works good through the Backup Loader though

same works for me but i have wiigators Mios Patcher and create multi disc with MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F
and on the d pad with left and right i can choose the game and with A start the game

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
WiiBlaster said:

Wait, so wiigator's cmios skips the gcos menu and displays a menu of its own?

Wiigators doesn't even load to the GCOS, loads stright into the Backup Laucher from the Disc Channel from there you just press left or right to choose the game

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Wiigators doesn't even load to the GCOS, loads stright into the Backup Laucher from the Disc Channel from there you just press left or right to choose the game

ic. how about single game disc?. can we auto load the game like wii backuplauncher autoboot?.

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
innercy said:
WiiBlaster said:

ic. how about single game disc?. can we auto load the game like wii backuplauncher autoboot?.

no you must press A fo auto detect region
then its starts

rooskie54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
I think you're using an old version of gcos to create the multidisc. Old versions have the Boot DVD option, and only after that it reads the games on disc and compiles a list. But apparently this fails for you. I think this is because it sort of remounts the dvd. And this time the loader doesn't fool the wii into accepting the backup. Normally it would work, because in the first place this application was intended to work with modchips. And a modchip would just load the dvd again correctly.
But the latest gcos immediatly reads the games and displays them in a list, without having to select read DVD first. I think this should work for you

QUOTE(teusjuh @ Feb 8 2009, 08:03 PM) yes that works

i create multi game discs with ''MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F''
and all games works fine
That's weird because I also use MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F

I'll try WiiGator's MIOS and see if that does the trick, just gotta download the MIOS files as it doesn't seem to work when I try to do an install over wifi (reason why I used waninkoko's in the first place.)

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rooskie54 said:
kedest said:

and all games works fine

I'll try WiiGator's MIOS and see if that does the trick, just gotta download the MIOS files as it doesn't seem to work when I try to do an install over wifi (reason why I used waninkoko's in the first place.)

you must install the mios patcher
but before you press A on the Gamecube controller to install the mios patcher you must press X to activate wii backup launcher compitable
then you press A to install the mios patcher
so its works for me

by the way i have installed softmii 0.9.5 on my wii and i used wiigators Mios patcher with mios version 5

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
rooskie54 said:
kedest said:

and all games works fine

yeah, then my idea was wrong. 3.2.4 is the latest one. Then I guess it's just incompatible that way at this moment, normally the gcos menu should display the list of games

rooskie54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing WiiGator's MIOS works with multigame discs from the backup loader channel now, so it's safe to say it will work with CIOSCORP or whatever I end up using.

Thanks for the help guys!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yup works with softmii / CIOSCORP
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think