Hacking (Linux) Wifi / Bluetooth on 6.72 7215b progress?

datboigodoot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I have a 7215b 6.72 pro and have tried several distributions of PS4 Linux that all do not give the ability to connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

I even purchased several wireless Internet and Bluetooth dongles from Amazon that are supposedly plug-and-play that do not work on every distribution I have tried. However, lsusb recognized all of them just fine.

After a lot of investigation I’ve come to the conclusion that something is happening at the Kernel level. I don’t even think the bluetooth modules, or any modules are being loaded. Ive tried bluetoothctl bluez blueman blueberry and no dice. No adapter found etc.

As far as modules go lsmod shows literally no modules loaded so btusb is of course not loading either. See attached image.

Has anyone gotten BT or Wifi to work (even through usb dongles) on this FW and hardware model? Manjaro is my favorite distro.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions that could help you help me.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 232

datboigodoot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to build your own PS4 Linux kernel with the bluetooth modules baked-in.

I have no idea where to start with that. Like I said, I would be happy with just being able to use USB dongles for that. Do you mean that would potentially solve that as well?

BUMP? Is anyone looking into this?

Last edited by datboigodoot,

Ricx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there,

I have a 7215b 6.72 pro and have tried several distributions of PS4 Linux that all do not give the ability to connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

I even purchased several wireless Internet and Bluetooth dongles from Amazon that are supposedly plug-and-play that do not work on every distribution I have tried. However, lsusb recognized all of them just fine.

After a lot of investigation I’ve come to the conclusion that something is happening at the Kernel level. I don’t even think the bluetooth modules, or any modules are being loaded. Ive tried bluetoothctl bluez blueman blueberry and no dice. No adapter found etc.

As far as modules go lsmod shows literally no modules loaded so btusb is of course not loading either. See attached image.

Has anyone gotten BT or Wifi to work (even through usb dongles) on this FW and hardware model? Manjaro is my favorite distro.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions that could help you help me.

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same problem, Ps4 Slim 2216b

All linux distros work, but no wifi no bluetooth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4