OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I use linux. My wii is soft modded 3.2u starfall, blah blah blah....i want to use all the same pc apps that windows useres have, impalerwad creator, and stuff like that. Are ther linux versions of these programs i do i have to compile my own?

kaik541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm running ubuntu jaunty beta and I have to say, these programs do INDEED work under wine 1.0.1

I've used wiiscrubber, wiibrickblocker, and freethewads under wine cmd.exe
the original wbfs tool is an original linux tool that's been ported (with some broken functionality at that) and is more reliable to use than the windows equivalents
if you're not happy with that, install a virtual machine such as sun xvm virtualbox or one of hundreds of others out there
run the program natively on the isos and then copy them using wbfs from linux (I've yet to have a single error/problem with the linux wbfs tool while I hear constant bitching elsewhere about the windows one ruining partitions--but that might just be user error)

kaik541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
WINE 1.0.1? Pretty old version there.

Latest is 1.1.18.

Works fine here in Arch.

yeah the default package in ubuntu is only 1.0.1 (yuck) but that's why I also use PlayOnLinux which lets me use multiple wine versions and preconfigured bottles

I was using it as a reference that it works even on such an old package

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try Crossover. But remember that WINE (including Crossover) struggles when it comes to the .NET Framework so most PC Utilities won't work. You could always try VMWare or another VirtualPC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.