Linux question.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ChaosBoi, Dec 9, 2008.

Dec 9, 2008

Linux question. by ChaosBoi at 8:21 PM (570 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Okay, I'm a very new user of Linux so it's going to take a bit of time for me to get used to. I have just downloaded and installed QEMU Pendrive on my microSD via transflash, and I have a few questions.

1. How do I access my Windows partition? I did a google search and none of the methods seems to be working for me [​IMG] . I tried to mount the windows partition from hda1 but it tells me "Permission Denied". What do I have to do?

2. How do I connect to the internet? I enabled Networking but it isn't connecting to my wireless router.

2. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

You wouldn't have either of these problems if you were using a linux distro meant for more then just emulating games. Anyways
    2. You will need to find a proper driver

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Where /dev/sda1 is what your windows partiton comes up in when you use the command "fdisk -l" and /mountpoint is the folder you want it to mount into. fdisk and mount must be done as root (put sudo in first for both commands)

2. There are a lot of reasons why this is not working and you haven't given enough details to help us out with diagnosing the problem

4. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Permission denied means you aren't doing it as root. "man mount" and try using sudo if you're using Ubuntu.

Really, if you're a complete newbie, I suggest you try Ubuntu and over time configure it to play the games.