Linux question.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ChaosBoi, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Okay, I'm a very new user of Linux so it's going to take a bit of time for me to get used to. I have just downloaded and installed QEMU Pendrive on my microSD via transflash, and I have a few questions.

1. How do I access my Windows partition? I did a google search and none of the methods seems to be working for me [​IMG] . I tried to mount the windows partition from hda1 but it tells me "Permission Denied". What do I have to do?

2. How do I connect to the internet? I enabled Networking but it isn't connecting to my wireless router.

2. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    You wouldn't have either of these problems if you were using a linux distro meant for more then just emulating games. Anyways
    2. You will need to find a proper driver

3. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Where /dev/sda1 is what your windows partiton comes up in when you use the command "fdisk -l" and /mountpoint is the folder you want it to mount into. fdisk and mount must be done as root (put sudo in first for both commands)

2. There are a lot of reasons why this is not working and you haven't given enough details to help us out with diagnosing the problem

4. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    Permission denied means you aren't doing it as root. "man mount" and try using sudo if you're using Ubuntu.

Really, if you're a complete newbie, I suggest you try Ubuntu and over time configure it to play the games.