Hacking Linux on PS4 5.05

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. but what do I do?
How to build
I use https://github.com/valentinbreiz/ps4-payload-sdk to compile it. You also need to compile https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec and place 'kexec.bin' into this folder. Compile kexec with 'make CFLAG='-DPS4_5_05 -DKASLR -DNO_SYMTAB'.

How to use
You need a FAT32 formatted USB drive plugged in on any PS4's USB port with the following files on the root directory : bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz. You can download them here.

Then you will need to send the payload (PS4-Linux-Loader.bin) to your PS4. For that go to your PS4 web browser, go to darbness.com/ps4 and send the payload to your PS4 using netcat or other.. (You can also use my tool: PS4 Payload Sender).

cainan__c

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

yeah, i've done all of that but it doesn't load. is it because im using the linux exploit for 5.05 that is on Al-Azif's exploit host? as when I try and send a payload over wifi the payload sending tool freezes or the ps4 does nothing after it's sent

EDIT: did it once more, for the ps4 to then crash

EDIT2: Did it yet again to just get a black screen

Last edited by cainan__c,

cainan__c

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well this is what happens:

(my capture card does have a delay and it froze a bit at the end due to my cpu, when the screen goes blue that means no signal/no video feed (basically the black screen)

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PS4 model?

Common problem is unsupported HDMI encoder used in "recent" models, double quoted cause later fat revisions aren't so recent in relative terms and they also sport the unsupported encoder. Allegedly slim and pro models should be supported tho.

I've also read trying with a different TV/monitor (something about hardcoded resolution).

cainan__c

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ps4 slim here same problem cuh-2015a
Also have a PS4 Slim
PS4 model?

Common problem is unsupported HDMI encoder used in "recent" models, double quoted cause later fat revisions aren't so recent in relative terms and they also sport the unsupported encoder. Allegedly slim and pro models should be supported tho.

I've also read trying with a different TV/monitor (something about hardcoded resolution).

CUH-2016B and I don't have access to any other tv/monitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D