Hacking Limited Edition Red Wii

cucho565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi you guys, does any one knows for sure what firmware the reds one currently had and if possible to hack it through soft mode, using the Smash Stack for 4.3 or using the banner bomb if is 4.2?

I think is possible but just want to know for sure before buy it.

Thanks
yaywii.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i modded the new black Wii bundle with WS, WSR, and the Wii remote plus which was released about the same time as the red one...it had 4.3U on it....i'd bet the reds will also have 4.3

...i used Indiana Pwns....

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
All the new Wii bundles with the new Wii Remote Plus will have 4.3. A portion of the older Wii bundles will still have 4.2. The red Wii console is for sure having the 4.3 update on it.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I bought a red wii to my cousin and it is in fact NTSC-4.3U

It also comes with red wiimote (with motion plus) and red nunchuk, and two games (wiisports and new super mario bros)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
lokomelo said:
I bought a red wii to my cousin and it is in fact NTSC-4.3U

It also comes with red wiimote (with motion plus) and red nunchuk, and two games (wiisports and new super mario bros)

Obviously it comes with 3 games, the missing one is Donkey Kong Original Edition(w missing cement factory lvl), for PAL red Wiis, the JPN guys will have SMB 25th edition(where the ? on the bricks has been changed to 25) they are installed as channels
smile.gif

Edit: well, Americans get nothing additional on the red wiis, I forgot that
frown.gif

stikboy73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked a USA version Limited Edition Red Wii yesterday with no problem. Used the Indiana Pwns hack. Just remember they have the new drives in them so you can't do backup disks only usb loaders.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stikboy73 said:
I hacked a USA version Limited Edition Red Wii yesterday with no problem. Used the Indiana Pwns hack. Just remember they have the new drives in them so you can't do backup disks only usb loaders.

boot 2 is also absent, installs at least priiloader

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
zizer said:
stikboy73 said:

boot2 still exists in newer Wii consoles, it's just that you're unable to exploit it to install BootMii there.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
stikboy73 said:

I think you mean the modding potential for boot2 is absent. VERY big difference. If it was missing boot2, it wouldn't boot.

stikboy73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
stikboy73 said:

Sorry I was on the way out the door for work when I wrote this, I did install priiloader on that Wii as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol