Hacking Limit the WiiU to 30fps

AliasGprime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! I know this is a weird question, but, is there anyway to limit the consol FPS to 30? even in 60FPS games like Mario Kart 8? I actually have this special need and I don't find any setting in the settings menu for this. I didn't found much on google either. Thanks in advance guys! Have a nice day ^^

AliasGprime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^^ actually I need this for a 30FPS limited HDMI capture card. It does take the 60fps anyway but the framerate get a little bit choppy, not a big deal, but noticable. I'm fearly sure that it's because of the 60FPS, since it only do it in 60FPS games and 30FPS games (like BOTW) run smootly. So I would need this at the WiiU HDMI output directly.

Reactions: Diego788

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ actually I need this for a 30FPS limited HDMI capture card. It does take the 60fps anyway but the framerate get a little bit choppy, not a big deal, but noticable. I'm fearly sure that it's because of the 60FPS, since it only do it in 60FPS games and 30FPS games (like BOTW) run smootly. So I would need this at the WiiU HDMI output directly.
You can't limit the frame rate of the system, just reduce the capture settings framerate. That bout much you can do. If your capture device only caps at 30fps, then that is all it will capture regardless of your console/game in question. Nothing more can be done.

Also that game specifically is known to have choppy framerate on both switch and wii u in some areas of the game.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My capture card can capture at 720p60 or 1080p30. It still accepts the 60fps input at 1080p but u need to configure the device setting to only capture at 30fps or it'll be black screen

AliasGprime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't limit the frame rate of the system, just reduce the capture settings framerate. That bout much you can do. If your capture device only caps at 30fps, then that is all it will capture regardless of your console/game in question. Nothing more can be done.

Also that game specifically is known to have choppy framerate on both switch and wii u in some areas of the game.

It does this with EVERY 60FPS games, not only mario kart. It got choppy all the time, not only in some part of the game. BOTW is, indeed laggy in some part, just like normal being. But this is something else here.

My capture card can capture at 720p60 or 1080p30. It still accepts the 60fps input at 1080p but u need to configure the device setting to only capture at 30fps or it'll be black screen

Not mine, mine can capture up to 1080p but at 30fps regardless the screen mode. It is set to 30fps (since it's the only FPS setting I can have) but every 60FPS game get choppy but every 30FPS look perfect. Not really sure why it is doing this, but this is clearly the problem. I tried arround 10 games, about half of 30 and 60 fps, only got this problem in 60fps mode.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does this with EVERY 60FPS games, not only mario kart. It got choppy all the time, not only in some part of the game. BOTW is, indeed laggy in some part, just like normal being. But this is something else here.

Not mine, mine can capture up to 1080p but at 30fps regardless the screen mode. It is set to 30fps (since it's the only FPS setting I can have) but every 60FPS game get choppy but every 30FPS look perfect. Not really sure why it is doing this, but this is clearly the problem. I tried arround 10 games, about half of 30 and 60 fps, only got this problem in 60fps mode.
Did you try finding a update with your capture card? Update your system drivers? Software perhaps? Maybe trying a different one?

AliasGprime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did try another software (Open broadcast sofware and VirtualDub) got the same problem. As for the capture card driver, it may get a little tricky here. It is a kind of a cheap chinese capture device, didn't pay too much for it. I Know I'm getting what I paid for ^^ and I'm not complaining here, that's why I wanted to know if someting could be done on the WiiU side to help me.

EDIT: totally a noob in this but, for CEMU, isn't there some FPS hacks that can get some games to 60FPS even if they are desing for 30FPS? Isn't it possible to do the other way arround?

Last edited by AliasGprime,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1