Lightake DS TWO Flashcarts legit or fake?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FarAwaySoda, Oct 25, 2011.

Oct 25, 2011
  1. FarAwaySoda
    OP

Newcomer FarAwaySoda Advanced Member

El Salvador
    SInce I was getting very little replies in an earlier post I decided to change the post's title...hopefully now I'll get more info on this, you see various members on these forums advice to purchase from that site, but on closer inspection...it contains many bootlegs, it doesn't inspire much trust...

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Pretty sure there aren't any clones of the SCDS2.

3. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Yeah they are legit. Really nice support too.

4. FarAwaySoda
    OP

El Salvador
    I read in another post that there are actually some clones around

5. popcorn900

Banned popcorn900 Banned

yeah i got many cards from lightake, none were clones, and i always got excellent support from the lightake moderators.

6. cheapr4i
    This message by cheapr4i has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 27, 2013.
    Oct 25, 2011
  7. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Lightake is legit however their suppliers do tend to mix in clones together with the legit batch of shipment because of money reasons which is very common.

I say that because I got a clone iEDGE from them and I figured out it was a clone after wasting a week with it.

They are awesome in products and support but you might just end up unlucky if you get a clone. I say go with them though.

8. FarAwaySoda
    OP

El Salvador
    I already bought the DS Two from Lightake unfortunately....this was 5 days ago, and then I noticed all the clones around the website, as well as the suspicious unexpensive "original games" from Nintendo, which were obviously bootlegs...I should've known that anything that ships for free comes with a risk, especially if it's something from china.

9. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    welcome to chinese webshops, they all sell shady stuff - but that's not to say all of the stuff they sell is shady. given that every flash cart on the market is made in some dodgy chinese factory and either a) sold from china or b) exported for sale outside of china - the chances of getting clone are about the same whether you buy from lightake (or any other chinese webshop) or locally. that said, there aren't any fake scds2 for sale anywhere so you're fine.