Hacking Light Leakage on DS Lite

chibityga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there supposed to be light leaking out of the white plastic right about the GBA cartridge slot and where the DS Lite closes. I just realized playing in the dark that a massive amount of light shines through the plastic on the DS from the touch screen. Is this normal?

monkeyroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine doesn't...just went and checked. I have a bit of light coming out around the volume switch and there's a small rectangular spot of light just above the gba slot cover on the left-hand side (near the volume switch).

Not much, either way.

D

Deleted User

my white ds lite does something similar, i'll post pictures when i'm back home. it's just a small amount of light that's shining through the plastic near the center of my ds lite, right above the dust cover. i think it's caused by the white plastic as i can't see anything like this on my black ds lite.
but again, the light is only visible when playing in the dark
smile.gif

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but to an extent isnt this releasing effecient light from the screen....It would be a good idea to maybe coat the inside of the ndsl with a reflective (non metalic) material.

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
but to an extent isnt this releasing effecient light from the screen....It would be a good idea to maybe coat the inside of the ndsl with a reflective (non metalic) material.

Sure, if you're willing to pay another 25 dollars per unit because of the new material and manufacturing procedure.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem, and I posted it wayy back but the thread never got any attention. Plus the fact that I took really bad pictures. I'll repost them here

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

It's the orange dots, but it is actually wayyyyy brighter in real life

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The light leakage on some ds lites is just another sign of their bad build quality...

QUOTE said:
Is there supposed to be light leaking out of the white plastic right about the GBA cartridge slot and where the DS Lite closes. I just realized playing in the dark that a massive amount of light shines through the plastic on the DS from the touch screen. Is this normal?

This should be not normal but its just the way it is... mine is alot worse than what yours shows in the pictures.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The light leakage on some ds lites is just another sign of their bad build quality...

QUOTE said:

This should be not normal but its just the way it is... mine is alot worse than what yours shows in the pictures.

No, those are my pics, not his lol. Plus I'm an awful picture taker, and the dust cover is in in those pics.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there is a LOT of light leakage. I can confirm that the volume slider and the GBA slot show a lot of light in darkness, and to add to that, the R button glows a mighty orange when the DSL is charging. The plastic isn't even even around those buttons, so it's easier to see.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Light Leakage is GOOD. If your DS doesnt have it. That means there is a error in your DS. Thats what the Nintendo guy on the phone said anyway
sleep.gif

Make since since teh clearness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos