Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Lick's Media Player NexGen RC-2

Final release's almost there

Developer Lucas has released a release candidate build of LMP-ng, getting a step closer to a stable build.

lmp.png

Changelog:

Release candidate 1:

This is mainly a bugfix release. I've fixed most bugs reported here (every one I could reproduce). MP3 playback should be much better now.

I've changed the default to NOT read ID3 tags. There's some problems in the code that may cause instability. If you really want that feature, you can start the program holding A and it will be enabled, but in case you run into problems, just try disabling ID3.

One new feature, new seekbar (just test to see). Now the default is to change volume on NowPlaying screen, so you have to press WHEEL_CENTER or RIGHT to get to the seekbar.

Release candidate 2:

Some small bugs fixed, some minor tweaks and optimizations. I've played for several hours, with no problems, tested mp3, ogg, flac and all were fine. Tested on R4 (dldi) and M3 SD (no dldi).

Lucas said:

I'm also thinking of the new features for the next version, so if you want to suggest anything, now is the time. Please, for this next version, just small features, but features that may be useful. No video or streaming support yet.

download.gif
Lick's Media player, RC-2 for slot-1

download.gif
Lick's Media Player, RC-2 for slot-2

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this support aac playback (m4a's). If not I think that would be a great addition. At the moment Moonshell and DS Organize try to support it but it doesn't work too well for me.

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don't know what i'm doing wrong :(

i own a M3 Mini SD with a Kingston 1GB card.
if i try the lmp without dldi it gets stuck on searching files, and if i use dldi it either doesn't change anything (with the original M3patch) or the fatlib doesn't want to get initiated (with the alternative M3patch).

any ideas? or should i provide some more specific info? (if yes tell me what)

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sors, Im having the exact same problems as you... RC-2, Slot1 with just the R4 and R4 w/ DLDI patch.

can anyone else confim these problems with other carts?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Huh, works fine on my R4. Maybe your directory structure is too big?
Try putting only some music files and the binaries on the card and try again. If the problem won't repeat itself, it must be a bug.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The previous version of this works just fine...

After trying this version without any success, I ended up restoring the previous BETA .nds file (DLDI patched) right on-top of the RC-2 (DLDI patched), and everything works again... i think there may be slight issues with this version.

R4 w/SanDisk 2GB, FAT32. I think there is about 80mb free on the card, so that's not likely the problem. 2 Videos in the "video" dir, 16 mp3s in the "music" dir and several nds files are in their own sub dirs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv