Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
So I am following this guide; but with my own version of the mac80211 patch for the newer kernel, but when I get to "Run the Hotspot" I can not get "wlan1: STA aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)" to appear (with my gamepad mac). Anyone have any suggestions?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
The issue with LibDRC, and the reason why the project died, is because the gamepad uses a deprecated subset of the 802.11 standard for time synchronisation with the console. a large majority of Wifi hardware doesn't support the subset at all, and for those that do, the only way to access it is through patching a linux kernel, as you're attempting to do.

until someone figures out some ridiculous way to spoof the time sync codes (if you can, Please do this, seriously, please, and make it cross-platform, too), LibDRC is dead in the water.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
The issue with LibDRC, and the reason why the project died, is because the gamepad uses a deprecated subset of the 802.11 standard for time synchronisation with the console. a large majority of Wifi hardware doesn't support the subset at all, and for those that do, the only way to access it is through patching a linux kernel, as you're attempting to do.

until someone figures out some ridiculous way to spoof the time sync codes (if you can, Please do this, seriously, please, and make it cross-platform, too), LibDRC is dead in the water.

I have the 'recommended' adapter. Hrm.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
[23:52:25] <@booto> [offtopic] anyone around w/ a gbatemp account? can someone direct this guy [ https://gbatemp.net/threads/libdrc-help.385260/ ] to join the irc support channel?
[23:57:38] <@smea> paste something and i'll post it for you booto
[00:00:15] <@booto> to gudenaurock: you'll probably get much better help on irc (freenode #libdrc) than on mailing lists or forums. People idle there all the time, but not always actively monitoring client, so you may not always get an immediate response.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse