Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Microsoft bigwig Chris Lewis expects to see "hybrid experiences" on Xbox 360 that use Kinect as well as traditional controllers and therefore target both sets of consumers: casual and core.

Speaking exclusively to Eurogamer at gamescom, he said he wasn't convinced the core audience hates the idea of Kinect anyway.

"I believe a large slug of the core community will love Kinect for 360," believed Lewis aloud, in an interview published today. "They'll love the navigating round their 360 via hand gestures. They'll love that they can jump into a game like Joy Ride, which should really appeal to the hardcore community.

"We're very committed to that hardcore community - it defined us," he went on. "We'll keep bringing the Fable IIIs and the Halo: Reaches and the Gears of Wars to that community.

"But at the same time we'll target breadth, and over time you'll see different types of Kinect for 360 games come along that may appeal to both communities in different ways. There may be hybrid experiences where you've got gestures and physical movements that enhance what is otherwise a controller-based experiences. Those things will probably come."

Lewis, however, insisted that Move and Wii ports will not be welcome on Xbox 360.

"We have no tolerance for that," he said, in no uncertain words.

Source

A) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
B) See A.
C) There are Wii-to-Xbox ports. See No More Heroes: Paradise. And I'm intolerant to the fact it's not released in the US or not region free.
D) You have absolutely no good library for "core" gamers, and we're not gonna buy one until they do.
E) I don't think even the "core" community will buy a $150 hunk of junk for some fancy dashboard controls and a single kart racer game.
F) See B.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"They'll love the navigating round their 360 via hand gestures. They'll love that they can jump into a game like Joy Ride, which should really appeal to the hardcore community.

Wut? So a 'hardcore' player of some random FPS will be able to jump into some possibly lame racing-related game and love it?
Hand gestures....is be loved? Wouldn't it be easier to press Triangle to open a menu, then press Circle to cancel?

"We're very committed to that hardcore community - it defined us," he went on. "We'll keep bringing the Fable IIIs and the Halo: Reaches and the Gears of Wars to that community.

Better not include holding an invisible gun and trying to shoot with your hands...and it'll probably be like this :
'tap' the spot you want to shoot at, no looking around, just straightforward on-rails 'shooting'. No aim needed, just move your hands!

Even the Wii seems more 'revolutionary'.
Hands free gaming, meh. It's just not game enough. What will you do when you get mad? Controllers are necessary for rage! Throw that Genesis controller at the floor!! Smash your PS2 controller!!!

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a 360 nor plans to buy but I think it's funny that a game named "Joy Ride" is hardcore

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heavyknight said:
Hands free gaming, meh. It's just not game enough. What will you do when you get mad? Controllers are necessary for rage! Throw that Genesis controller at the floor!! Smash your PS2 controller!!!
Smash your hand
laugh.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Grrr... I hate when people use the word 'Core'.

Either it's a good game, or it's a bad game. Sure, there's different genres, but why should they separate it like black and blue? Not even Microsoft gets it.
ohnoes.png

Using the 'Core' label isn't going to sway anybody with an ounce of sense in them.

ONTOPIQUE: Oh, wait, that was on topic. Dang, first try!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like the most retarded piece of shit ever. Honestly, anyone who thinks this will go places is as dumb as the asshats at Microshit who decided to make it. There are lag problems, there are few hardcore games being developed for it and even then they will probably suck monkey testicles. Time to quit while you are ahead M$, clearly you are going to try and copy Nintendo but fail in the process, you are 4 years too late on this niche market.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Looks like the most retarded piece of shit ever. Honestly, anyone who thinks this will go places is as dumb as the asshats at Microshit who decided to make it. There are lag problems, there are few hardcore games being developed for it and even then they will probably suck monkey testicles. Time to quit while you are ahead M$, clearly you are going to try and copy Nintendo but fail in the process, you are 4 years too late on this niche market.

While most of that is true, devs reported the lag in Kinect can be eliminated with proper development. Meaning shitty games will lag but if anyone puts enough time into a game there can be no lag, or at least lag so minor you won't notice.

And Microsoft still is behind a console with good games, no need to troll them for a terrible idea.

Also, it's "Microsoft" and "MS", not "Microshit" and "M$". People who say "M$" are baboons.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone criticized Nintendo for the Wii controller and early developer adoptions were terrible from a development perspective, it will be the same thing for the 360 with Kinect. I wouldn't waste my money on a Wii imitation for my 360, especially since initial release games are no more shovelware and mini game collection titles then what the Wii had at launch. Microsoft thinks this will draw Wii owners away but it won't, with a higher price point combining the peripheral with the console, even at a base price you are paying double what the Wii and Wii Sports package will cost you for almost the exact same thing. Why pay almost the same price for an add on when a whole new console is like 30 dollars more and actually has games for it now that are good and worth playing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Everyone criticized Nintendo for the Wii controller and early developer adoptions were terrible from a development perspective, it will be the same thing for the 360 with Kinect. I wouldn't waste my money on a Wii imitation for my 360, especially since initial release games are no more shovelware and mini game collection titles then what the Wii had at launch. Microsoft thinks this will draw Wii owners away but it won't, with a higher price point combining the peripheral with the console, even at a base price you are paying double what the Wii and Wii Sports package will cost you for almost the exact same thing. Why pay almost the same price for an add on when a whole new console is like 30 dollars more and actually has games for it now that are good and worth playing.

Well that's what every company is trying to do: go after the casual crowd. It made Nintendo rich as all hell. Can't blame a company for trying to steal a demographic, but you certainly can blame them for making a bad product.

There's no point really trolling the Kinect since everyone thinks it's a terrible idea. Casual gamers, hardcore gamers, even Xbox fans and frequent users like myself. Simply put there is probably not a single massive redeeming quality to it. From the core idea to the price tag it's just rubbish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over