Gaming Let's Go leak save file information

SethPDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey guys! I am playing Let's go eevee since last night, but I did not try to go online yet. I am willing to buy the game but I have a few questions, which I know it's a bit hard to answer right now because the game isn't out yet, but I'll address them anyway.
I would like to gather some info here, and I'll update this thread with information from you guys, for others who need it:

1. Did anyone tried to take a look into a Let's Go save file as of now? (I would do it, but I don't know how)
I'm asking because I want to buy the game, but I'd rather keep my current progress as it is.
2.Is the save file bound to a specific nsp/xci?
And more importantly
3. Let's say I keep only my save file from the leaked eevee, and when I buy the game, I just restore my save file with Checkpoint to the legit game. What I was trying to say, is that I'm curious if my purchased game, will read out from my existing save file some information which can lead me to be banned(I'm not yet). Does it contains some sort of code that could expose, that I had a leaked version so they can ban me when I go online with the purchased one, also sending this data to Pokemon Go(when trading)?

Last edited by SethPDA,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted to see if I can inject my Eevee save into Pikachu, because I'm buying the Pikachu game. It worked for previous games in the series, so it's worth trying in Checkpoint I suppose...

Reactions: linuxares

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You guys are talking about injecting your leaked save file in the OFW using an original version of the game?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3. Let's say I keep only my save file from the leaked eevee, and when I buy the game, I just restore my save file with Checkpoint to the legit game.
The save file is on the console and not on the "legit game" cartridge or "legit download". So the original game will just recognize the existing save file on the console.

SethPDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Just wait for Friday. Kurt will update PKHEX

Thank you for the info! I didn't knew there was a tool like this.

I'm tempted to see if I can inject my Eevee save into Pikachu, because I'm buying the Pikachu game. It worked for previous games in the series, so it's worth trying in Checkpoint I suppose...

I'm really curious to see if it would work this way. Could you please inform me if you succeeded or not?

The save file is on the console and not on the "legit game" cartridge or "legit download". So the original game will just recognize the existing save file on the console.

Yes I'm aware of this. Probably I formed my sentence incorrectly. What I was trying to say, is that I'm curious if my purchased game, will read out from my existing save file some information which can lead me to be banned(I'm not yet).

Last edited by SethPDA,

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you are planning to inject into your save file in your purchased game (and going online with it) you will probably be hit with a ban .

SethPDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you are planning to inject into your save file in your purchased game (and going online with it) you will probably be hit with a ban .

As the guys above said, I will wait for this Poke save editor and will see if it contains anything "problematic". As for the ban, I will play this on OFW, I won't even boot it in CFW.

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As the guys above said, I will wait for this Poke save editor and will see if it contains anything "problematic". As for the ban, I will play this on OFW, I won't even boot it in CFW.

How you are gonna backup your save, using the editor and inject it back if you don't plan to boot CFW?

SethPDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How you are gonna backup your save, using the editor and inject it back if you don't plan to boot CFW?

I'm going to back up with "Checkpoint", Uninstall the current leaked version. Then remove any traces left of the game from the SD card. Reboot to OFW and run the game once to create the files necesarry for "Checkpoint" to see the game. Then boot into CFW, restore the save file, and boot back to OFW and that's it. It has the game progress.

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to back up with "Checkpoint", Uninstall the current leaked version. Then remove any traces left of the game from the SD card. Reboot to OFW and run the game once to create the files necesarry for "Checkpoint" to see the game. Then boot into CFW, restore the save file, and boot back to OFW and that's it. It has the game progress.

Well...is risky to play online without cleaning your OFW with a NAND backup, seems like a good plan but I wouldn't do that if you care about not being banned.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I have no plans of going online with this game. I never go online with Pokemon games, I'm all about that single player experience.

Reactions: bipi and linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...