Let's discuss 6.72 |vs| 9.00

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine updated with GoldHen 2.0b with a small hiccup tho. It loads the exploit every time I open the web browser lol
78-DE21-CF-3101-4803-A223-2-EA1-E95-E1975.jpg

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I guess it's just because there is no (easy) way to downgrade and because there is still some hope left to get a real CFW... possible maybe for early OS versions, somehow, sometimes. Idk. ;)

Btw, my Pro is on 6.72 and my slim on 7.55. I was just to lazy to update the slim for now.
2nd to this, always to stay low bro someday we may get a permanent patch like henkaku enso on psvita

Reactions: susi91

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
People always rush to update their firmware to latest, as long there's a new jailbreak, you're just diminishing your success rate, as 6.72 has 3 kernel exploits, you're just reducing your alternatives to jailbreak to only one way, instead of 3, and this new jailbreak for 9.0 can easily be ported to 6.72, as it has the same bug, unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to ported it, but ChendoChap said is quite easy to do it.

Regarding inserting a USB stick every time you want to jailbreak, PS4 is very well know for having a rubbish south bridge chip, so is just a matter of time, for consoles starting not to work owing to this chip, and to fix it, requires advanced soldering skills, and the chip itself is expensive, lots of dead PS4 are due to this chip, I really don't like PS4 for this, on the other hand XBOX is a lot more robust than this console.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
People always rush to update their firmware to latest, as long there's a new jailbreak, you're just diminishing your success rate

Regarding inserting a USB stick every time you want to jailbreak, PS4 is very well know for having a rubbish south bridge chip, so is just a matter of time, for consoles starting not to work owing to this chip
I see what you mean but it is always nice to be able to run the latest content, without having to worry about backports etc.

And are you saying that inserting the usb many times will cause the chip to fail? I don't believe that!
Not good for the usb port if you do it too many times (so get that item I posted earlier), but wouldn't think the actual processor would start to have issues.

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
cearp,

Do whatever you want just youtube "ps4 southbridge" and see for yourself, that chip is a piece of crap, I'm not saying it will happen as is not 100% sure, but I would rather not stress that chip as much as possible.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh I am not saying the hardware is perfect! (I had no idea about that issue though, thanks)
But what I mean is, if the machine can handle playing games, it can handle being presented an external storage device.

I do know Sony (and MS etc) want the console to run quietly, even when it gets hot, so for best use I think it is a good idea to use those hardware fan mods to adjust how much the fan spins up.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ps4+fan+mod&_sacat=0

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
My 6.72 setup is easier to jailbreak than my 9.00 as of right now. This is how I got my setup working.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-i-made-a-kernel-panic-free-6-72-setup.588532/

I'm not going to update my 6.72 because I don't want to unplug a USB stick whenever I want to jailbreak it, I don't get KPs and there are some features (like Linux) which don't seem to be working yet; but obviously will. The only inconvenience for me is waiting for backports. It's still really early days, so I'm not discounting 9.00 and I would say it'd be best if most people (especially 6.72+) went to 9.00 because how I got it going took a lot of time and money. I have been really tempted to update to 9.03 on my 9.00 for convenience sake, especially since I have a lot of spare time and want to finish my disc games, but I haven't updated yet.
from 4.55 -> 5.05 i have 100 success times without any shutdown, but most of people have it, so i think factory reset before start jailbreak is the key,......

cearp,

Do whatever you want just youtube "ps4 southbridge" and see for yourself, that chip is a piece of crap, I'm not saying it will happen as is not 100% sure, but I would rather not stress that chip as much as possible.
when i had multiple shutdown streak, my hdmi port start going crazy shit, it's just like when ur PC gpu dying... and yeah i can feel the temp when touch my hands on ps4 surface, much hotter than running heavy AAA games

p/s : have multiple slim ps4 and now using ps4 pro btw

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose if you’re on 5.05, stay there.
But as both my PS4 and PS4 Pro are on 9.00 (well, they were 8. Something, so I updated), that’s the one for me, because I’ve no sodding choice :D

Nice and easy though, I just run the exploit from a Raspberry Pi, connected to my PS4 Pro, so all I do is visit a web page on the Pi. No inserting/removing USB drives. Quick and painless.

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think this conversation is a little bit redundant because this new exploit 9.0 can also be ported to 6.72 as well, so why bother upgrading to 9.00? Most games are being backported to 6.72.

I don't have knowledge but chendochap said it not hard to port to 6.72.

Yes 6.72 is semi stable, sleirsgoevy on his latest 6.72 has made a milestone, it never fails to successfully jailbreak, but after that ps4 sometimes gets random kp when exiting browser or going to game library, I guess perfect stability of 6.72 is so close to be a reality, just a matter of time.

Yes 7.xx I believe is dead now, probably it entices developers more on the 6.72 instead of the dead 7.xx., if memory serves me well 5.05 also took two years to reach the state it is now.

Sent from my M2102J20SI using Tapatalk

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think this conversation is a little bit redundant because this new exploit 9.0 can also be ported to 6.72 as well, so why bother upgrading to 9.00? Most games are being backported to 6.72.

I don't have knowledge but chendochap said it not hard to port to 6.72.

Yes 6.72 is semi stable, sleirsgoevy on his latest 6.72 has made a milestone, it never fails to successfully jailbreak, but after that ps4 sometimes gets random kp when exiting browser or going to game library, I guess perfect stability of 6.72 is so close to be a reality, just a matter of time.

Yes 7.xx I believe is dead now, probably it entices developers more on the 6.72 instead of the dead 7.xx., if memory serves me well 5.05 also took two years to reach the state it is now.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
running my pro for 8 day after the 9.00 exploit come out, got a kp once and some memory full message is it due to internal harddrive with tons of games, i own 5.05 slim with ssd only get kp once which is rarely to happen, when i'm on harddrive even if you run on 5.05 you have to wait 2-5 minutes after ps4 boot if not you may encounter kp. On 9.00 fw you don't have to wait just run the exploit right after you booted the ps4 , if you asked me i never put my ps4 into rest mode so you can imagine how many times i run the exploit right after on-off cycle

conclusion
FW 9.00 cons required to plug usb
FW 5.05 doesn't require usb
both firmware is good IMO and stable

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if ppl want to stay on less stable FW's for whatever reason let them be, but when those random kernal panics start rolling they will grab a usb for 9.00. Our usb flash drive is pretty much an exploit dongle.

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use ps4 has my secondary gaming system I use mainly xbox one, but having a sdd fixes the issue of demaging hdd when kp happens

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My 6.72 setup is easier to jailbreak than my 9.00 as of right now. This is how I got my setup working.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-i-made-a-kernel-panic-free-6-72-setup.588532/

I'm not going to update my 6.72 because I don't want to unplug a USB stick whenever I want to jailbreak it, I don't get KPs and there are some features (like Linux) which don't seem to be working yet; but obviously will. The only inconvenience for me is waiting for backports. It's still really early days, so I'm not discounting 9.00 and I would say it'd be best if most people (especially 6.72+) went to 9.00 because how I got it going took a lot of time and money. I have been really tempted to update to 9.03 on my 9.00 for convenience sake, especially since I have a lot of spare time and want to finish my disc games, but I haven't updated yet.

Gonna use your method to jailbreak my 6.72 slim, gonna try separate Jailbreak and then load Hen

Reactions: bbqtool

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What about staying on 8.55 instead, as some people complain of slow downs or bricks with 9.00 (although you'd be missing out on the CMOS battery fix).
The exploit is supposed to work on pre 9.00 firmware as well, does the current method already work on pre 9.00, or does it require porting for specific versions etc?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about staying on 8.55 instead, as some people complain of slow downs or bricks with 9.00 (although you'd be missing out on the CMOS battery fix).
The exploit is supposed to work on pre 9.00 firmware as well, does the current method already work on pre 9.00, or does it require porting for specific versions etc?
8.55 doesnt have an exploit, so your only option is 9.00
Anything about bricks or slowdowns are false rumors

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4