Let posts automatically go to next page?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by HipsterPluto, Jun 22, 2015.

1. HipsterPluto
    OP

HipsterPluto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    I just made a little bit of a website, but I came to a problem. I want to post things (text+picture) on the home page. The problem is that I only want five of them on one page, so the posts have to automatically go to another page where you can go to via a link down the page that numbers the pages, just like the buttons down the page on GBATEMP to go to the next threads.
    Is there a way to do that?

(sorry for my bad English)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If you are looking for an easy "oh just use the [fiveperpage] tag" then no.
    Most times you see this it will be some kind of database lookup on a CMS. If your host does not allow you to install custom scripts on the server side then there might be something you can farm it out to, or you could have some real fun with javascript. For the most part though people will tell you to install a content management system (CMS) like wordpress, drupal, joomla or something similar. It will handle all that sort of thing for you if you want it to.

3. HipsterPluto
    OP

HipsterPluto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply. I'll search what I can do with Javascript or if I can install a CMS.