Left Joy-Con Issue / DualShock 4?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NekoMichi, Apr 3, 2017.

1. NekoMichi
    OP

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    So, the left Joy-Con desync issue has been highlighted for quite some time now, but this is something I just remembered.

Several weeks before the Switch was released, the DualShock 4 controller for my PS4 suddenly started having desync issues where control inputs were either not detected or the joysticks were acting "stuck", just like with the Joy-Con. When I received the Switch, the dock was set up next to the PS4 and the desync issue was reproducible only in that area of the room. If I took the Switch elsewhere (e.g. on a train or another house), the left Joy-Con worked perfectly however I'm not able to take the PS4 elsewhere for testing.

Is it possible that both consoles are being affected by the same source of wireless interference? I hadn't added any wireless devices to the room during the time when the DS4 started glitching, but it's possible that a neighbour could have done so on the other side of the wall. If the cause is the same, could a DS4 also be remedied with the same method as the Joy-Con conductive foam trick?

Additional note:
    The control issue with the DualShock 4 is sporadic, however at the same time this started happening the audio output from the controller started skipping constantly and was rendered unusable. Other Bluetooth devices in the room such as dedicated speakers, keyboards, and watches were not affected at all.

Last edited by NekoMichi, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Has anyone added anything to the room recently? Like furniture or electronic device or even a plant? I find even a glass of water set on a table in just the right spot can interfere with things.

3. NekoMichi
    OP

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    No, this is my own bedroom so no-one else has access or the ability to add anything directly obstructing the wireless line-of-sight. I also haven't made any major changes to the desk setup. Is it possible that a source of interference is coming from a different room?

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Any new baby monitors in the house?