Hardware Leaving back plate unscrewed?

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went through the horrible ordeal of stripping one of the screws on the back plate of my N3DSXL when I was switching micro SD cards. I managed to get it out with the superglue truck after about 45 minutes, but now I’m deathly afraid of putting it back on. Would there be any harm in just snapping the plate on and leaving the screws unscrewed? I don’t drop my 3DS or anything, and I don’t really see this thing just falling off on its own. It’s pretty secure with just the side grip things, and if worse comes to worse, I can always order another back plate.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you link me to (a case that covers the back of the 3DS)?

I like https://www.amazon.co.uk/BestFire-P...mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=ya_aw_od_pi

It works as an extended battery and makes it easier to reach ZL & ZR (the Monster Hunter XX grip is also good, if pricey - it has a kickstand and more study shoulder buttons then the one above, but no battery). Since getting this I have never screwed the backplate on (though TBH I probably could, as I mostly use the microSD management function to access the SD card wirelessly, rather than taking it out of the console).

Last edited by emcintosh,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mine has been unscrewed since I first put a SD card in as soon as I got it and it hasn't come off by itself, seems to still be securely attached and won't come off unless I actually pull on it. There is a chance the screws could be lost though. The only thing holding them in place is a thin plastic washer. Remove that washer and you can remove the screws, and not have to worry about losing them (as long as you remember where you put them :P)
The back plastic creaks a bit though. I think that might just be because it's not securely attached at those 2 points and that allows the plastic to bow a bit when held. Not an issue, just a minor annoyance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: