Hacking least intensive PS4 anti-piracy exploit?

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you won't be able to back up the disc unless they're bootable on your firmware, and 9.00 is the highest publicly for the ps4. that's one thing the system has to do for us, decrypt the package, before we can dump the game.
Ok, so, I should update to 9.00? And as long as its available for the firmware, it should run? It wont freak out that its an unofficial disc or anything...?
Thatd be a lifesaver if its true.
What about backwards compatability? This'll sound stupid but can it boot discs? I know you can buy ps2 games on the store, but then again I have not checked the playstation store in literal years, let alone on the PS4. I mean it when I say that console has been collecting dust.
Post automatically merged:

https://wololo.net/ps4-jailbreak-ps4-cfw4dummies/

Anyway here is a brief history on when each firmware jailbreak was released, from 5.05 to 6.72 tools two years.
Thank you very much, this will be a great help :-)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, I should update to 9.00? And as long as its available for the firmware, it should run? It wont freak out that its an unofficial disc or anything...?
Thatd be a lifesaver if its true.
What about backwards compatability? This'll sound stupid but can it boot discs? I know you can buy ps2 games on the store, but then again I have not checked the playstation store in literal years, let alone on the PS4. I mean it when I say that console has been collecting dust.

Thank you very much, this will be a great help :-)
9.00 is the highest exploitable. for ps2 games, you have to use one of the official emulators for the system, then you can use a config file to get a game that's not available on psn, to work. this is through an app on the pc. however, there are still issues, some ps2 emulators might work better than others. that's why there's a huge compatibility list somewhere, denoting what emulator was used, its code for lua or cli, and what issues the game still has (i.e. if it's even playable).

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.00 is the highest exploitable. for ps2 games, you have to use one of the official emulators for the system, then you can use a config file to get a game that's not available on psn, to work. this is through an app on the pc. however, there are still issues, some ps2 emulators might work better than others. that's why there's a huge compatibility list somewhere, denoting what emulator was used, its code for lua or cli, and what issues the game still has (i.e. if it's even playable).
Ok, sounds good. Where's the list at? And do you have/know a good tutorial for setting the non-compatible ones up?

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

psdevwiki is the best site towards finding information about the ps3 or ps4 (probably ps5 as well).
Thank you so much.

Ok, to recap. To get backed up discs to run without the system hating me, I will need to update to 9.0 , get the jailbreak to run, do some debug settings, then I'm done. Did I get all that? Can I uninstall the jailbreak once i'm done fiddling? And what kinds of discs should I burn my game to?

Last edited by grillmasterxbbq,
Reactions: godreborn

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may want to consider, if you can afford it, another ps4 from ebay, say, so you can keep one on cfw and the other use normally with Sony updates.

Sony has bricked alot of consoles when they are used not to their liking...

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may want to consider, if you can afford it, another ps4 from ebay, say, so you can keep one on cfw and the other use normally with Sony updates.

Sony has bricked alot of consoles when they are used not to their liking...
I guess, but my ultimate end goal is to streamline the amount of consoles I have. PSN would be a nice touch but it's definitley not necessary. Right now I'm looking into that BD-JB exploit ....

Mhart88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony made sure exploits running on their consoles' latest firmware will never be publicly available
That's probably what they said when 9.0 was current and look where we are. I imagine it'll take years and if they keep pushing updates and putting forth support for the PS4 even longer. I imagine any custom firmware options are only going to be capable once Sony Renders the PS4 obsolete and shift all their focus strictly on PS5 going forward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.