LaunchPass

Dragozard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One big feature I'm wondering about, would it be possible to enable Netplay when launching a game?

retropassdev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I also spoke again with the RetroPass Developer as large collections in a single playlist have been a thorn even for him.
I found the following out.

but that seems to be an issue we share with RetroPass who also has issues caching large playlists.

Hi, retropassdev here. Just wanted to reflect on this. From my current experience, retropass doesn't have any issues with large libraries. At least, no one ever reported any app crashing or slowness. There is an initial overhead when caching thumbnails for the first time, so if you have a large library, your first thumbnail loads will be slower. After that, image loading is fairly fast even if you shut down the app and start again. From my profiling Retropass performs better than Launchpass in terms of memory usage, image loading times and responsiveness, probably due to different requirements for maximum number of box art on screen.

Reactions: Dragozard

Dragozard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having problems with covers not loading on certain platforms out of nowhere, after having previously set everything up correctly, no matter how many times you reinstall LP or how many hard drives you use?

Last edited by Dragozard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1