Homebrew Launching WHDLoad games from Wiiflow using the UAE-Wii plugin??

Ratty85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone managed to run .HDF WHDLoad games from within Wiiflow for Amiga (using the UAE-Wii emulator as a plugin)??? I can not figure it out. Want to have the fancy artwork and not use .ADF files (as some games have 10+ disks). If anyone has achieved this or can give me a few pointers, would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would also be very interested in this:)
computer emulators are often a pain to play with. WHDLoad for Amiga games would be a blessing!

Reactions: Ratty85

triki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Ratty, I think it's possible with a launcher, like Mame 2003. Wiimpathy, or another
developer, can may be help us.
+1 for me too

As you saw on the video, I use tiny launcher and xbench with UaeWii.
Grall is the installation of Workbench 3.9 on wii and it turns out as well as Amiga programs.
Will it be possible to have an update of UaeWii?

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i'm approaching amiga emulation and this is how i can load hdf files on uae-wii.

step 0: you need these files
- last version of uae-wii
https://github.com/Oibaf66/uae-wii/releases/download/v12.0/uae-wii-v12-bin.tar.gz
- a working WHDLoad.hdf (without bios inside)
http://lindqvist.synology.me/shieldguide/WHDLoad.hdf
- ADF Opus to modify hdf files
http://adfopus.sourceforge.net/

also, you have to find around some copyrighted material:
kick34005.A500
kick40068.A1200
these are the kickstart bios roms required.
and, of course, a game.hdf file to emulate.

step 1: prepare your WHDLoad.hdf
Install ADF Opus.
File->Open->WHDLoad.hdf
From Windows Directory window inside ADF Opus drag & drop kick34005.A500 and kick40068.A1200 files under
/Devs/Kickstarts/ of the WHDLoad.hdf window
File->Close
You can quit ADF Opus.

step 2: install UAE-Wii on your sd card
unpack uae-wii-v12-bin.tar.gz content to your sd card, apps and uae folder will be created on your root directory
copy kick34005.A500 to sd\uae\roms\ and rename it kick.rom
copy kick34005.A500 to sd\uae\roms\ and rename it kick13.rom
copy kick40068.A1200 to sd\uae\roms\ and rename it kick31.rom
copy WHDLoad.hdf to sd\uae\hd
copy your game.hdf to sd\uae\hd

step 3: make some settings
open homebrew channel and launch UAE-Wii
your wiimote now works sideways, home button to open menu, button 1 to cancel, button 2 to confirm.
open menu, hardware option, change amiga model to A1200, confirm.
menu, hardware option, memory option, change FastMem to 8M, confirm.
menu, hd emulation, mount hard drive partition, confirm the next page, select WHDLoad.hdf, confirm.
menu, save confs, save conf file to load at start uaerc.saved, confirm.
menu, quit, yes.

open homebrew channel and launch UAE-Wii again.
if everything works, now you'll be invited to insert volume dh1 in any drive, let's do it.

step 4: load your hdf file.
menu, hd emulation, mount hard drive partition, select DH1 on device name on next page, confirm, select your hdf file, confirm.
menu, reset UAE. you'll see hd led blinking and, after some time, your game.hdf will be loaded.
if you want to change game, menu, hd emulation, unmount device, select DH1 and confirm.
now load another game.hdf file on DH1 as shown above and reset the emulator to run it.

that's it. for now i wasn't able to integrate this to wiiflow, probably the current support is only for adf floppy games.
we have to find a way to pass hdf files as an argument to be mount in dh1 device, but it's beyond my skills.

if you have a whd game instead of game.hdf and you can't find it anywhere, you have to use ADF Opus to convert it.
basically, all you have to do is to open your whd game and calcuate the size of data folder in it, then rename the slave file to game.slave (which is the exact name WHDLoad.hdf looks for).
now, create a new hardfile of the right size with ADF Opus and copy all the data content in it. your hdf is now ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls