Hacking Latest M3i Zero Firmware

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I am kinda confused. Is this card like the acekard which has offical and unoffical firmware? And what is the latest firmware up to date AS OF TODAY for the m3i zero? Is it like Sakura something? something like that, can somebody lead me to the correct answer please?

Of course, this is after I updated my flashcard to 1.4.1 using M3i Zero Core 1.6.1 >_

gengertheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes the firmware is different to sakura.
closedeyes.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gengertheghost said:
yes the firmware is different to sakura.
closedeyes.gif
Not exactly. Both Touchpod and Sakura are official firmwares for the M3, with Sakura being developed later on to improve upon things which weren't so great in Touchpod. So it's not like Acekard firmware and AKAIO, both T and S are official and developed by the same company. The only difference is in GUI (Sakura is WAY faster when scrolling through games + some other details, I've booted up Touchpod only twice or thrice) and homebrew game compatability - Sakura is known not to have very good homebrew compatability as opposed to other flashcarts, however Touchpod is only slightly better (see the homebrew comp. list in Sakura FAQ). In the past Touchpod usually received faster compatability updates for newly released games, however now it's on par.

You can get the official firmware which includes both Touchpod and Sakura (so it's a double-boot, you can boot up the other one by holding 'a' when the firmware begins to load) from handheldsources, like Clookster said, and it's always the latest/newest one. The other multiboots like Cat Boy said are unofficial.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended