Hacking Latest backup loader channel?

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry i don't want to hijack this thread just was wondering this aswell, I'm looking into usb loader Gx but wanted to know:
Is it better to have a forwarder or a channel? I've heard it's easier to update on the forwarder.
And how should i partition my 500g Hard drive. There's so much conflicting advice and i've noticed things change very quick nowadays on the wii scene. I've heard the best way about it is to have a WBFS section for the games and a fat32 for every thing else. Any advice would be appreciated.
I've presently got neo gamma but was looking into usb loader gx because i thought the way the games are shown will be easier for my kids to choose from.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Channel... forwarders seem more complicated.
And I look to back up new games to the external HDD I have so I'd like to use that.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I was thinking about reformatting my external USB drive and using all its space for the Wii.
I can always just reinstall the games right? No biggie?
Anyway what do I do...

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with USBLoader GX

At first I can go to settings and other menus etc but as soon as I hit A on a game.. then nothing else works. It doesn't freeze, but pressing A on anything makes a clicky sound but does nothing.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I use the "configurable usb loader" and it works fine through a forwarder.

Forwarders just point to a certain location on the sd card or usb drive, there is no magic to it, just make sure the folder is there and contains the application files and your done. The forwarders are the way to go as many of the applications can now auto-update, if you are using an embedded channel then your software will not update. Not to mention it also uses up precious wii memory.

As far as fat or wbfs, it is really up to you. I preferred wbfs in the beginning, but that was just a compatibility thing, now the support for fat is robust and pretty solid so wbfs is not needed. I use fat now as it allows me to store other things on the drive that I may need.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grr now I'm having another problem

When I load it (using the forwarder or straight up dol now) it says no usb device found, use ios 249 or ios 222.. when i hit the 249 one it just can't find it, when I hit the 222 one it freezes. grrr what do I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM