subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Moment of Contact (2022)

eUfBcBY.png

A documentary about the 1996 incident in Varginha, Brazil.

Very compelling watch if you are even remotely interested in Alien/UFO crash landings.

Reactions: BigOnYa

kosmonoyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evil Dead Rise (2023)

By no means will the modern Evil Dead movies hold a candle to the originals, however, they are probably some of the best modern horror movies. I really enjoyed the 2013 reboot and the sequel didn't disappoint.

Reactions: hippy dave

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evil Dead Rise (2023)

By no means will the modern Evil Dead movies hold a candle to the originals, however, they are probably some of the best modern horror movies. I really enjoyed the 2013 reboot and the sequel didn't disappoint.
I too watched this last night. Certainly a lot better than the 2013 reboot (which I hated), but not as good as the multitude of rave reviews I've seen for it. It was okay.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Two days ago had the chance to be with niece, and she fell asleep in my legs, so I took the opportunity to change fucking awful Blippy for something else.
Found this 1970's movie from old favorite comedians "Los Polivoces" and enjoyed white/innocent humor for 1 hour.
41oem5m40eL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

It's been long since I last laughed at physical and irreverent jokes without resorting to anything else to make audiences laugh.

The story is very hard to describe since none of the situations are correlated, just a bunch of jokes thrown together one after the other and all of them has different characters portrayed by "Los Polivoces" so each situation is unique with the exception of the end that has Gordolfo Gelatino fighting with a wrestler.

Either way, "Los Polivoces" and "Viruta y Capulina" stand kings of white comedy.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: kosmonoyd

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sing.
images

Animals singing.

Niece saw this in Netflix and took the controller and pointed at it, so we assumed she wanted to see it but... niece fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sir Ulrich Von Lichtenstein
images

One of my favorite movies.
A dumb foreign kid gets his life changed once he finds his Lord died and shat himself.
Slavery made him forget to follow his feet back home in order to chase a big pair of... hm... friends?... yeah, friends! And both convinced him that he is someone who's not.
One could say that the trauma of being English would've caused a multiple personality syndrome and the development of stockholm syndrome, but in reality he's someone who enjoys getting fisted by big, hard, stiff sticks while riding... black... horses.
Then the filth of Paris made him go insane and wrote a poem about necks and tits.
What can I say? Paris is the city of louvre love™ and that just comes naturally. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
In the end, he finds himself to the place he began his journey, reminding him that it doesn't matter if you dress well and even if you change your name to adjust your multiple personality disorder, you're still unlucky enough to be from England.

I remember the criticism this movie got when it first released, and to be honest, the dancing scenes still makes me cringe.

But on the other hand... Laura Fraser, Shannyn Sossamon and Berenice... 🤤

Last edited by JuanMena,

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
593165.jpg

The story of a guy who wakes up in a wild garbage dump by a river with one less kidney and goes looking for whoever did this to him. He will be confronted with a psychopate surgeon accompanied by his equally insane assistant whose main activity is organ and human traffic. Plunged into a dark and heavy atmosphere that leads the spectator into a universe where suspense and unease reign

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
593165.jpg

The story of a guy who wakes up in a wild garbage dump by a river with one less kidney and goes looking for whoever did this to him. He will be confronted with a psychopate surgeon accompanied by his equally insane assistant whose main activity is organ and human traffic. Plunged into a dark and heavy atmosphere that leads the spectator into a universe where suspense and unease reign
Good?

Reactions: AncientBoi

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It’s very particular, if you like independent films with black atmospheres, it should please you, many elements (in addition to the script) contribute to this atmosphere, the direction, the music, I don’t know if you know these old films but even if the story is different, we can compare the atmosphere to films like Baxter or the Gaspar Noé films like "Seul Contre Tous" (I Stand Alone) (title for the UK version)

I put the trailer with the English subtitles ;)

Last edited by Indy13,
  • Love
Reactions: hippy dave

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dragon Soldiers (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12038670/

If you have seen any American indie horror type of film you have seen this one (it is almost uncanny how the same sorts of acting, shot choices, ADR and effects are between them), albeit this was a better example than most. I like such things but if you don't then steer clear as this will not change your opinion.
Group of mercenaries team up to defeat what they find out is a dragon.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Leon the Pro-ho-fessional!

images

An adult man develops feelings for a little child.
Little child developed Stockholm Syndrome and Sociopathy after her "family" gets murdered.

• Haha
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not