Hardware Laptops under 300?

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like I'm looking at laptops under 300 bucc and the best option I found in that range, when it comes to gaming and every day use is the acer aspire e15. But I was wondering if there's anything better. I've done hours of research but I'm wondering if I've really found the one for my use. See, I want a pc but can't afford it yet and I'm not willing to save up, that's not an option at the moment. Don't ask why, you won't get an answer. My main question is whether or not there's a better one for gaming, everyday use, has decent storage, and is upgrabdable for this price. And forgive me if any of this sounds like rambly, unintelligible garbage, I'm pretty drunk right now.

Reactions: JellyPerson

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"upgradeable" "laptop"... yeah that does not happen. If it is not RAM, a hard drive or going in over USB then it is not worth considering really.

I am with Originality though. Second hand, or maybe end of line/display models/returns, is the place you want to look. For second hand I really like the ex business class things. They are usually built like tanks, as opposed to... I can't even say cheese as I have had a harder time cutting some of that than I have some cheap laptop plastic.
Business class ones with a GPU worth speaking of do exist, however it is not the default. Bonus though is business class ones do tend to come with docking station slots and some docking stations will have a PCIe port you can possibly crowbar a graphics card into.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There are laptops where you can upgrade the CPU and/or GPU, depending on the socket. However they tend to be very expensive to upgrade, limited in options to upgrade, and usually needs a little skill in working with a limited cooling system to make it viable. But of course that doesn’t exist in this price point.

Reactions: BetterDuck

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I might go with the gpd win. It does a lot of the things that laptops in my price range are capable of, with the added bonus that it fits in my fucking pocket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(