OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Well before we get into topic this is why i started this thread. My laptop SUCKS!!! The built in wifi only gives me 3 feet of wifi. After 4 feet i loose my connection. And it over heats to much when I play video games (even minecraft). And the battery gives me only 6 minutes of battery before it dies off. And I always have it plugged in but i have to lift the charger for it to charge. Right now it is leveraged on a pillow. So ya i need a new one.

On-Topic: I need a new computure and i don't want a really expensive one for like 1000 dollars. My budget is actually $1000 and down. And the Alienware one doesn't come with a internal disc drive. So that is out of the question. So what should i get a gaming laptop or a desktop. And what are good ones under 1000 dollars?
And recomend me a good electronic website like ebay and tigerdirect. To buy one.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say if you're really into pc gaming, go for a desktop.

If you're not that into pc gaming, go for a laptop.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
A desktop PC is always better for gaming. Comfort, updating the hardware and other schtuff.

With a laptop you can take your PC gaming with you, that's about the only pro I see.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
A desktop PC is always better for gaming. Comfort, updating the hardware and other schtuff.

With a laptop you can take your PC gaming with you, that's about the only pro I see.
Okay. Well I want a laptop i guess.

D

Deleted User

Laptops will give you about 1/3rd the power of a pc at the same price range, think of it that way.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The problem is whether you are willing to fork out the power of the PC for portability.

Well, I use computers for projects, videos and GBAtemp, hence I'd prefer a laptop

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I would go for a good PC, but my reasoning is slightly different.

Firstly, You can build a pc (or buy one) far cheaper than you can get a laptop.

Secondly, if a part goes bad in your laptop there is a chance that you will have to replace the main board to fix it (especially if it is the video adapter that goes). Then there is the fact that laptops are a pain in the $#@ to work on and replace parts.

I would suggest you get a good pc and then get a cheap netbook for your out and about days. If you really wanna game on the go, you could always get a portable (nds, psp, etc). The life time of batteries now is still low even today, and it drains even faster when trying to game. Not to mention the amount of heat they generate when gaming.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I would highly recommend a desktop for gaming.
I built one myself. It's not too shabby, and it only cost $500.

Just a word of advise: stay away from AMD. They are only good for general-use computers, unless you count their Fusion E-350 chip, which is BAR NONE the best mobile chip if you're not going to do anything more demanding than playing Minecraft. And even if you were, it's still pretty good!

...So what I'm saying is, if you're getting a laptop, consider the Sandy Bridge high-end Core i3's or low-end i5's.
If you're getting a desktop, then I'd still say a high-end i3, but possibly a high-end i5 or a low-end i7 if your budget isn't limited too much.

As for video cards, I don't know about laptops, but the NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti is the low-end way to go, but the 560 Ti gets you a LOT more power for a little more money, heat, and electricity.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
I would highly recommend a desktop for gaming.
I built one myself. It's not too shabby, and it only cost $500.

Just a word of advise: stay away from AMD. They are only good for general-use computers, unless you count their Fusion E-350 chip, which is BAR NONE the best mobile chip if you're not going to do anything more demanding than playing Minecraft. And even if you were, it's still pretty good!

...So what I'm saying is, if you're getting a laptop, consider the Sandy Bridge high-end Core i3's or low-end i5's.
If you're getting a desktop, then I'd still say a high-end i3, but possibly a high-end i5 or a low-end i7 if your budget isn't limited too much.

As for video cards, I don't know about laptops, but the NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti is the low-end way to go, but the 560 Ti gets you a LOT more power for a little more money, heat, and electricity.
Alright this is my plan. Sell the crappy laptop i have now and buy another one? YAAAAAY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: