Laptop into a better alarm clock?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Harsky, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I've been wondering this for a while. Wake up to alarm clock, hit off button, fall asleep within minutes again is my routine. BUT get my laptop to power on at a set time and the incentive of checking for new messages seems to be a better idea... in theory. I know that in some PCs, you could set the bios to make the PC turn on at a set time but when I checked on my Dell 1525 laptop, the setting seems to be absent.

Googling throws up a ton of programs that claim to do all this... for a fee. Surely there must be some really simple answer for this that I'm over looking?

2. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    bump

3. delta123

delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2005
    Hyougo, Japan
    i put my computer on Standby and use a program called auto power on and shutdown to turn on and off the computer at a specific time.

but if you want to shut down your computer at night then your best option is the bios. it is usually hidden very well. it actually took me a while to find the option but it is there. its usually in some sub sub option.

i have my macbook as my alarm clock, and i use awaken for that. it loads up itunes and then plays music from it.