Hardware laptop hdd few questions

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I had a laptop with a working hdd and i guess its a 2.5 5400rpm. Now i have a problem, I dont get it why its seperated like 250gb from e: and other 250gb on another example g:
I dont remember what i touched, can i fuse both in 1 like before?

2nd question, it had oem win7 but i want to use it for a normal desktop, can i fully format and install a fresh new win 7 demo?

Last edited by RaMon90,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You want to merge the partitions on the laptop. Whilst there are software that can do this live, it does come with a certain amount of risk. The safest method is copy everything from the second partition to a backup location, delete the second partition in Disk Management, extend the first partition to fill up the full drive, then copy your data back on.

The OEM license on the laptop can never be transferred to another computer. You do have the option to install a fresh new Windows install onto it, however it would lose the OEM license (usually comes preinstalled on the laptop using a specially modified installation image) so you would need a new License key or some way around activation (which I don't support). You could upgrade to Windows 10 for free (for now) which supports clean reinstallations without losing the License, but that's just an option.

Reactions: RaMon90

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You want to merge the partitions on the laptop. Whilst there are software that can do this live, it does come with a certain amount of risk. The safest method is copy everything from the second partition to a backup location, delete the second partition in Disk Management, extend the first partition to fill up the full drive, then copy your data back on.

The OEM license on the laptop can never be transferred to another computer. You do have the option to install a fresh new Windows install onto it, however it would lose the OEM license (usually comes preinstalled on the laptop using a specially modified installation image) so you would need a new License key or some way around activation (which I don't support). You could upgrade to Windows 10 for free (for now) which supports clean reinstallations without losing the License, but that's just an option.
I just saw on youtube like you said, gonna backup important files and merge, thanks for the help.

About oem license, I knew before because its attached to the laptop mobo and i cant use it. Im gona fresh install win 7 and find a key then maybe upgrade to win 10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1