Lameboy 0.11 saving tips?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by roguetrip, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008

Lameboy 0.11 saving tips? by roguetrip at 4:17 AM (2,596 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Using the newest Lameboy 0.11 on my R4DS(1.18) and playing Metroid II:Return of samus (color hack) I've had multiple issues with saving this game, I can't use any of the save slots cause when I load the game it is stuck. I've also had issues where saving on the pillars in the game it has either just started my game from the begining, or latter in the game when last playing I save once on a pillar with 22 metroids to go then move on and down to 18 metroids and go back and save on the same pillar, shutdown the game and come back and its back to 22 metroids so it just didn't save the newest stats.

I'm gonna back my sav up on the computer before/if gets ruined AGAIN, but anyone has tips how to not have so many issues with lameboy? Thanks!

Edit: this is a real R4DS original spring loaded. also using a 2GB Kingston Micro SD if anyone is wondering. Will be moving on the EDGE when it arrives with a class 6 4GB transcend.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Not sure what's up with your save state problem, as I've never had trouble with save states, but are you aware that with in-game saves you need to hit X or "Save" in the Lameboy menu to actually commit the save? If you just save in the actual game then turn it off, the save isn't backed up.

3. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    i had the some save issues with Zelda DX too. it didn't save AT ALL. it alwys started from the beginning. so i tired all kinds of stuff make it work and what worked was, i had to rename the .gb file.

4. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States

Ok, doing it with the menu after i save on the pillars has it working okay thus far, I still don't understand why it kept have me start the game all over again though!! Now I'm down to about 10 metroid to go w/ all power ups, oh yeah!

Thanks!