Hardware L-trigger woes in Wind Waker

Femto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone.

I am kind of new to the whole Wii hacking thing so there must be something I am missing, cause this seems like a problem with an easy fix (I hope). I am using Dios Mios to play my pal version of Wind Waker from an usb flash drive and whenever I press the L-trigger to target absolutely nothing happens. I can see the game registers that I am pressing the button cause the little yellow eye icon for the camera blinks when I press it and if I am in first person mode it resets the camera but I can neither target, back flip nor switch pages while in the menu. The R-trigger and all the other buttons are working fine. The L-trigger works flawlessly in other games like Mario Sunshine and VC games. I tried unplugging / plugging the controller back in during gameplay, soft reset it with Y+X+start, wait for dios mios to load then plug it, install dios mios under ios 236, install under ios 249 (I uninstalled it correctly every time using dios v10).

Nothing works. I can play the game on my gamecube just fine, but the problem solver in me wants to fix it. I would be really grateful for any suggestions to what I maybe missing. I am not entirely clear on the different ios and how installing it with one or the other may change things. I might be a little out of date on the latest revisions.

Thanks.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an original disc, try playing it without DIOS MIOS (put a regular MIOS version back on the Wii) and see if the problem still happens. If not, you may want to consider trying Devolution and seeing if that works better with this game for you than DIOS MIOS. (If you're worried because you have other games you want to keep using DIOS MIOS for, you can have both DM and Devo on the same system, they don't conflict.)

Femto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an original disc, try playing it without DIOS MIOS (put a regular MIOS version back on the Wii) and see if the problem still happens. If not, you may want to consider trying Devolution and seeing if that works better with this game for you than DIOS MIOS. (If you're worried because you have other games you want to keep using DIOS MIOS for, you can have both DM and Devo on the same system, they don't conflict.)
Yea, I might as well go with Devo. If I find a fix I'll update the thread, I have a few more ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone