Hacking L button my Ds is Dying

Teelow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IM playing a simple game of tetris Ds then all of a sudden when im playing spectrobes my L buttons is not responding properly.

Any ideas on how to Fix this? I mean this has happened to my friends on their Ds' - their L and or R button Does work as well.

Teelow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i dont have the money for that- im too poor, plus this ds was a gift if not i would never even have a ds TT-TT

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blow into it. Like, literally, cover the button and blow into it.
This happened to my lite too, and this is what fixed it. I didn't really think it'll work, too lol.
I had already taken it apart and cleaned it, but it just kept becoming unresponsive, and blowing fixes it.

shatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this happened to my cousin..all u have to do is take it out and put it back in

this mite not work

givin u a heads up

MrDillDough

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried repeatedly spamming the left button and it sorta clicked back in.

But for my cousin, he sort of wedged a screwdriver under it and pushed it up and out. It worked, lucky it didn't break though.

And just wondering, but what DS do you have?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mines fucked up as well. deal with it
sleep.gif

pretty much the most u can do is blow on it.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously cup your mouth around the button and blow on it. I've had the L and R buttons break on me on multiple DS's and blowing on it worked every time.

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had my R button go out about 2 years ago, and then it started working again, and it has been ever since.
My friend's DS's L and R buttons went out, and I used DiagnoSe and mashed/wiggled/smashed them until I got one to work and the other to work partially if it was pressed just right.
So I'm not sure how to fix them, because I really didn't try anything but mashing
tongue.gif

PS: both were phats

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
My L button went out on my DSi. Idiot me dropped it in the street. I'm sending it in for repairs... >.< and I hope they replace my housing, I requested it to be, and they wrote a note in my file. One big lesson here is if you don't know what the hell you're doing, don't take apart the system. I learned that with my Lite when I wanted to clean the housing. My power switch broke and I have no soldiering skills. I decided to take it apart totally and mess with it. And if you're stupid like me, you'd take action without knowing what the consequences are of what you're doing.

Teelow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goodboy735 said:
I had my R button go out about 2 years ago, and then it started working again, and it has been ever since.
My friend's DS's L and R buttons went out, and I used DiagnoSe and mashed/wiggled/smashed them until I got one to work and the other to work partially if it was pressed just right.
So I'm not sure how to fix them, because I really didn't try anything but mashing
tongue.gif

PS: both were phats
Ok, Thank you everyone for your helpful advice - i will take them all into consideration

by the way what is that DiagonSe Do? is it to help u know if ur buttons are working right or what?

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the same thing happened to me while playing lunar knights but it was my R button but when i first played the game i just thought that the R button didn't do anything lol

so when i found out it wasn't working (when i got the gun shooting guy i really needed the R button) i PANICKED! i thought it was broken so i tried to press it really hard trying to get some sort of reaction from it and it just kept getting worse and worse to the point where it just completely stopped working. i was wondering if it was still under warranty and then thought about taking it in for servicing.

but then i was like "let me google to see if others have experienced this problem" and sure enough LOTS of people have.

somehow, someway dust or dirt or whatever gets underneath the pads or circuit board or whatever and contact is lost. you have to BLOW into the ds shoulder button to fix it.

i tried it once and it didn't work so i was still panicking but then i just tried again for the hell of it and it worked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land