• Views 81,720
  • Replies 589
  • Likes 3

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really think that's not a possibility? Unless KTM installs everything to a sandbox first, to verify everything installs properly, those problems WILL arise with KTM. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise.. I guess if KTM backs up the current CIA files in place and rolls back if there's an error...
well he did says the program runs repeated times if it fails so i assume is something like cia file installing.. -- error ... repeat... cia file installing... success and move to the next one..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
well he did says the program runs repeated times if it fails so i assume is something like cia file installing.. -- error ... repeat... cia file installing... success and move to the next one..

What will it do if it can't install that specific file then.. >> Nothing is perfect..

Not to mention, that users with these problems reported a successful downgrade. What checks will there be to prevent that?

Last edited by Kioku,

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France

... memchunkhax is unstable, hard to execute but it sometime works. It'll be the same with justpingo thing, which is just sysupdater with sha check.

Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: Kioku

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that he ment it runs multiple times at the start, I doubt it has a roleback. (Not sure if thats even possible with current permissions)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
What will it do if it can't install that specific file then.. >> Nothing is perfect..

Not to mention, that users with these problems reported a successful downgrade. What checks will there be to prevent that?
I think (not sure) he backs up everything first, then uninstalls it and tries to install the downgraded one. If that fails it'll try multiple time, after a threshold it'll probably try to install the backed up one again. If even this fails there's something more wrong with your 3DS than just this...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think that he ment it runs multiple times at the start, I doubt it has a roleback. (Not sure if thats even possible with current permissions)

This seems more plausible. I REALLY wish people would stop looking at this tool as their holy savior. :/ Again, I appreciate the work put into it, but it's not what people think.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well have to wait and see what happens but he did said no hard-bricks.. so he must have done something to be able to say that.

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem like I already said is probably in the memhax, which can trigger a crash in the background services I guess (or memory corruption?). KTM will not solve this.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
launch it with a warning that try it at your own risk blabla hardmord so there will be more testers :P

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
launch it with a warning that try it at your own risk blabla hardmord so there will be more testers :P
While in most cases this would work, I doubt anyone wants to see the rage that this would produce. KTM has been hyped up as a "Fix all", releasing it in a testing faze would cause a lot of anger if and when it doesnt work right/doesnt boot often/softbricks/ect. However, this may as well happen regardless.

Last edited by Coleman_C18,
Reactions: Kioku

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really the only ways to brick with current sysUpdater is if you go and throw an O3ds firmware on your N3ds, shut off during the process, or something else of that nature. Since sunday I've helped at least 14 people downgrade and not a single person has bricked.

It may verywell have no brick rate, which is good, but don't think this program will be a fixall. :/
Do you have time today to help me and add me to your no brick record :D

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also test. My N3DS XL arrived today rather than the estimated Monday.... only problem is I have to wait for the charger to arrive. Lmao.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo