• Views 81,884
  • Replies 589
  • Likes 3

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's certainly reassuring. Just so I can understand it a bit better, what do you mean by OS call error? What I'm gathering here is that if SysUpdater screws up installing a .cia it skips over it whereas KTM will try again to lessen the chance of this happening? Also what tipped you off as to the fact that it was a OS call error? TuxSH seemed not to know the cause of the issue in the thread, he only referred to it as a rare code corruption, but it seems to be the cause of a few permanent bricking cases so it's not rare enough imo.

It could be a code corruption indeed, but then I wouldn't be able to do much about it unfortunately.
Well, if the system just hangs like this, it's maybe because the system didn't answer what was expected by sysUpdater. Once again, first look guess.

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
It could be a code corruption indeed, but then I wouldn't be able to do much about it unfortunately.
Well, if the system just hangs like this, it's maybe because the system didn't answer what was expected by sysUpdater. Once again, first look guess.
Hi man waiting fot KTM since Sysupdater does not work for me 5 downgrade tries, "successfully downgrades" reboot an error has ocurred with and without SD currently updating since I dont want to try anymore it is a 2DS btw.

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi man waiting fot KTM since Sysupdater does not work for me 5 downgrade tries, "successfully downgrades" reboot an error has ocurred with and without SD currently updating since I dont want to try anymore it is a 2DS btw.
for me sysUpdater keeps giving me that dang cia info error so i am excited for KTM

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
As @Mr_sephiroth said, I have seen some tutorials saying to make a "update" folder, when the correct name is "updates".

Although, seems to be a common issue on n3ds systems

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this error is because the update folder you should change the name to ´updates´ otherwise the syupdate do not recognize
No i think this is because memchunckhax doesn't succed correctly. If you keep trying it will eventually work (i had this error maybe 40 times before it worked on my n3ds).

Else i think sysupdater instability is caused by the hack itself (memory corruption?), so any downgrader won't change anything about this. Finally also note that you wont have better hax execution with any other downgrade app than sysupdater so youll also have to keep trying.. Making an checksum of cia is a good idea tought. (i would have done something simplier tought by just loading an "update config file" with md5/cia version in so anyone could make is update package easily.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Mr_sephiroth

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Tyler Martin,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As @Mr_sephiroth said, I have seen some tutorials saying to make a "update" folder, when the correct name is "updates".

Although, seems to be a common issue on n3ds systems

Is it possible that there is a version of sysUpdater floating around where it should actually be "update"? I thought I saw some talk about that possibility, but can't remember which thread it was in.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont put 2 folders with the cia files.. one called update and another called updates... it will use one of the two if there really is a version of sysupdater that uses update.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what do you mean by that
nintendo will launch 11.4 and with it we lose the chance to try again if we soft-brick our console.. you are in 10.3 and try to 9.2 ... you soft brick and update to latest version... if nintendo launched the 10.4 then goodbey to entry points.

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo will launch 11.4 and with it we lose the chance to try again if we soft-brick our console.. you are in 10.3 and try to 9.2 ... you soft brick and update to latest version... if nintendo launched the 10.4 then goodbey to entry points.
that sucks well i hope he releases ktm real soon

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
in anyway i tryed the sysupdater's julian to myself along with cubic ninja as entry point. i was worried to get softbrick then magic happens it worked i did follow tutorial by doing first. i never seen such problem but ive seen such peoples gets softbrick i gues this time i get lucky.

yoquesejeje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I cant believe theres people who cant downgrade , i downgrade on mi first try old 3ds eur 10.3 sysnand with those 9.2.0-20E(Full).zip CIAS files in th UPDATES folder, i use menuhax 2.5 ( i think its better than 2.1) i trigger the hax by entenring settings app and exiting with L button pressed, i use sysupdater 0.4,2 (try i few times till it load fine) , and thats its no black screen no nothing , auto reboot and 9.2 downgraded ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper