Gaming KORG DS-10 PLUS

Injury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is sad to hear since it probably is one of the best pieces of software to come out on any handheld system this year. Just the fact that they've doubled everything that is already pretty badass in itself.

Sorry about the rant. Thanks for the information!

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injury said:
That is sad to hear since it probably is one of the best pieces of software to come out on any handheld system this year. Just the fact that they've doubled everything that is already pretty badass in itself.

Sorry about the rant. Thanks for the information!
just buy one x]

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gnaaaaa, i'm so angry. My Korg DS-10 Plus (Limited Edition) just arrived today (ordered from play-asia), and well, it doesnt work
on my EU DSi.

GREAT!!
hate2.gif

I instantly checked if the cartridge had some damage and throw it in the old DS Phat just for testing, and it works. So i searched the
web, and voila... a little article on the korg ds-10 blog... --> http://allthingskorgds10.blogspot.com/2009...gion-alert.html

Because play-asia wrote "no region protection" i didnt thought of any protection on regular cartridges on the DSi, i only read of articles mentioning
the DSiWare games.

F*** YOU NINTENDO! What were there thinking?!

I'm so f***ing angry...

Does someone knows, if there is something like a custom firmware out yet?
dry.gif

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope nothing like CFW or anything really at all for the DSi. Only DS Mode stuff is cracked still. DSi Mode stuff is still unknown since nobody knows the encryption key to the firmware.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
da_rula said:
Gnaaaaa, i'm so angry. My Korg DS-10 Plus (Limited Edition) just arrived today (ordered from play-asia), and well, it doesnt work
on my EU DSi.

GREAT!!
hate2.gif

I instantly checked if the cartridge had some damage and throw it in the old DS Phat just for testing, and it works. So i searched the
web, and voila... a little article on the korg ds-10 blog... --> http://allthingskorgds10.blogspot.com/2009...gion-alert.html

Because play-asia wrote "no region protection" i didnt thought of any protection on regular cartridges on the DSi, i only read of articles mentioning
the DSiWare games.

I'm so f***ing angry...

dry.gif

should have searched first, i made a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. i also bought the JPN version (from yes-asia) and it doesnt work on my EUR DSi. it will work in a normal DS but the advanced features are missing, so it plays the same as the previous iteration of korg ds10.... useless since that version is dumped and works fine on a flash cart. i returned mine to yes-asia and they refunded me in full.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_rula said:
on my EU DSi.

GREAT!!
hate2.gif

the DSiWare games.

I'm so f***ing angry...

dry.gif

that sucks man i was looking forward to this one too...fack sake!

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No thanks, I think I'll just stick with my DS lite and my whole arsenal of musical instruments and PC Software for recording mixing and mastering my music.

Plus you don't need a DSi to play this game...it works just the same on DS Phat and DS Lite.

Injury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a musician I find this tool more helpful than most things around me. You say you can just put it in your old DS, but the whole point of DS10+ is expanded features. Why wouldn't you want 8 tracks of drums instead of 4? anyways...like they said, shitty.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried this for a while, but it sincerely didn't improve my productivity. I'd rather just write ideas of scores on my notebook and then play it on my real synth when I get home. Doing it in DS-10 was just too klunky, and I ended up losing the melody halfway through.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
DSi 0047 - Korg DS-10 Plus (USA)
Wont work on my DS and wood R4 soft. v.105
Black screen after rom loaded.

noSgba
test result FATAL:
"The rom image has crashed"

frown.gif
maybe J or E version?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't read the manuals. How the fuck are you supposed to play this game without a freakin' 500 page "KORG DS-10 Plus for Dummies" book? I couldn't even figure out how to get all my melodies together to record on the first one!

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I don't read the manuals. How the fuck are you supposed to play this game without a freakin' 500 page "KORG DS-10 Plus for Dummies" book? I couldn't even figure out how to get all my melodies together to record on the first one!

its pretty easy if you take the time to play around with it. To make your melody, just fill in the squares in the synthx seq. section. If you look at it from the side, its a keyboard, so thats how you know what note it is. for the grid, after every 4 row is a beat. so the 1st is a beat, 5th is a beat, etc. etc. or you can go into the keyboard, hit the record in the corner, and input your melody directly. just don't forget, a pattern holds 16 notes, so after the 1st 16, you have to go to the 2nd pattern, put in the rest, etc. etc. To play the whole thing, you go into song mode, or you can play it where you choose the patterns. If none of this makes any sense, too bad.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I forgot its the same thread -.-

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
kennypu said:
bumjeans said:
So what does the plus version give to DSL/fat owners?

nothing much, but you can use the new mute mode, which is very useful.

Ok thanks. Shame. Its a nice synth but the sequencing is limited. Hopefully someone with the Nitrotracker source can come up with something better.

In the mean time I stick to iPhone music apps.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bumjeans said:
kennypu said:
bumjeans said:
So what does the plus version give to DSL/fat owners?

nothing much, but you can use the new mute mode, which is very useful.

Ok thanks. Shame. Its a nice synth but the sequencing is limited. Hopefully someone with the Nitrotracker source can come up with something better.

In the mean time I stick to iPhone music apps.
I do agree, it is slightly limited, especially since its very hard to create a nice analog-sounding sound, but is possible. Heres a real nice example of what peoples done with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM8y0rk1d88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto