Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
But in fact, I was just about to say goodbye to GBAtemp, and the very week I was planning my departure (it was gonna be good too, trust me) Costello up and invited me to be a moderator. I couldn't say no... and I'm still having fun.
Funny you did the somewhat the same thing to me, when you sent that PM to me to check out how I'm doing.
smile.gif

That's fucking superhero shit there.

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
1. What is your favorite episode of MST3K?
wink.gif

2. In PhotoShop, if you could only have Rubber Stamp or Spot Healing Tool, which would you go with and why?
blink.gif

3. If you used any not-free BBSes back in the day, were you one of the people who gave credits out to others in need, or were you a leecher?
tongue.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Favorite Hobby/ past time?

Drumming. I don't have my kit set up right now, but I've got bongos, and I'm not a-skeered ta use 'em!
I drum on everything, since I was a kid. Washing machines are my fave though.
Photoshop gets a lot of my time too. When someone asked earlier what my favorite game was, I probably should have said Photoshop.
2. How was your childhood?

I was very asthmatic till I was twelve, and back then we didn't have the great medicines we have today, so I couldn't play in the same way the other kids did. Also my parents fought a lot, which is probably why I'm such a pacifist now. So, it wasn't that great, but I had a bunch of comedy records, and I read a lot, so I had fun in my own way. There's more to the story, but I don't wanna bore you, or sound like I'm complaining. I've always been happy to be alive, and in awe of the world around me, so it's all good.
QUOTE(nintendofreak @ Mar 22 2007, 12:54 AM)3.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Is there a famous person you could say you looked a bit alike, and if so, who is it ?

2. Favourite comedy show ?

3. If you were going bald, would you
a) shave it all off - to hell with it
or
b) adopt a dodgy looking "comb-over" ?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
- are you pervert because in your avatar there is cowboy riding on dog?

Just to lay this to rest:
(forgive the Nazi symbols, the book's main character is a U.S. spy operating in Germany during WWII)
MotherNight.jpg

- serious side, AMIGA or ATARI and why?

I used to sell them both back when I worked at Games-n-Gadgets (which later became Electronics Boutique, which later became EB Games.) My first experience was with the Atari ST, I loved NeoPaint. Then we got the Amiga in, and GraphiCraft was better. Then Deluxe Paint came out, and it was all over, I was in love. The night security guards at the mall I worked at new me by name because I'd stay till midnight every night I worked, playing with Deluxe Paint. I still messed around with the ST, but I saved up and bought an Amiga 1000. So, Amiga, for the artistic aspect. Bars and Pipes, Dr. T's Sequencer, and Octamed for music. Deluxe Paint, DigiView, and Sculpt3D for graphics. Live card for video. Only Amiga makes it possible!
QUOTE(rest0re @ Mar 22 2007, 01:19 AM)- 68K forever right?
I'll always have a Classic Mac and an Amiga in my arsenal. For me, they represent the paradigm shift that brought computers into the art world.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome that you're a Vonnegut fan, dude. I've got pretty much all of his books, and I've never read Mother Night before. I'll have to pick that one up next time I'm in a book store.

1 - What is the key to happiness?

2 - What's your biggest pet peeve?

3 - What is the key to having a successful marriage?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1)how did you get so good at photoshop

First of all, I don't consider myself that good. I'm a hack... Hack It Out! that's my motto.
I got as good as I am by playing. I never did a lot of drawing until I got my first paint program (KoalaPaint on the C-64.) When my brother got an original Macintosh, I spent hours and hours on MacPaint. When the Amiga, and DeluxePaint came along, I discovered compositing. When Art Department for Amiga came out, I started playing with filters and transforms (Laplace FTW!) When I finally landed in Photoshop, well, heaven was there. I'm currently exploring The Gimp, and enjoying it quite a bit. Also, I do a lot of web tutorials, my favorite being exploring everything Bert Monroy has to offer over at PixelPerfect.
Remember to play!
2)what was the expression on your face when you got asked to be a mod.

Astonishment followed by glee! I love that word... GLEEEEEEE!!!!
QUOTE(thegame07 @ Mar 22 2007, 01:30 AM)3)what was your first gaming system.
Handheld = Mattel Football
Console = Pong (yes, I'm that old.)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. What do you do when you want to relax?

Play with my kids. When they aren't around, talking to friends (I love to talk.) Playing in Photoshop or GarageBand. Reading GBAtemp and FARK. I don't watch much tv, but I like a movie once in a while. I'm not beyond reading a good book, my neighbor just loaned me Sidney Poitier's book, The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography, looking forward to that one. Also I really like that Sand.nds homebrew when I've just got a minute or two to relax. Listening to old comedy records is also a favorite, Bob & Ray and Firesign Theatre being faves there. Oh, and drumming of course, lately playing guitar which I'm just learning. Jeez, lots of stuff, it's finding the time to relax that's the issue.
2. Do you have a hero? If so who?

Yes, two:
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for being brave enough to speak truth to power, and for bringing into popularity the notion that we are all brothers and sisters, despite our superficial differences.
Carl Sagan for being brave enough to speak truth to religion and superstition, and for bringing into popularity the notion that science is beautiful, and awesome, and enlightening, and accessible.
QUOTE(Opium @ Mar 22 2007, 05:14 AM)3. What day of the week do you like best?
The same one that I dread most... Sunday. Since my wife and I separated, we have joint custody of our two boys. She has them for a week, then I have them for a week. We transfer the kids on Sunday. I hate it when they leave, and I love it when they come home to me.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't called that when I was a kid, but yes, I had a phonics set, and I think it worked pretty well.
I'm definitely an excellent speller... and of course it's five minutes till Wapner... gotta watch Wapner...

I bet you're a good driver too.
biggrin.gif

I've really been looking forward to this session, as I believe mthrnite has much wisdom to share with us. My only regret is that I have but 3 questions to give...

1. What drew you to Unitarian Universalism? Are you still an active participant, or has your faith recently been shaken? Would you recommend it to others?

2. Did your wife run off with John Mayer? If not, please provide an alternative explanation for your exuberant hatred of a fellow musician.

3. As an adult with a family and (I assume) responsibilities, how do you balance those responsibilities with your participation in this forum?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif

That's a hard one... Even though I adore TV's Frank, I'd have to go with the season one episode ROBOT MONSTER.
(oh I'm peepin' through the knothole, on grandpa's wooden leg, why'd they put the shore so near the ocean...
rofl2.gif
)
2. In PhotoShop, if you could only have Rubber Stamp or Spot Healing Tool, which would you go with and why?Â
blink.gif

Healing tool, it can be a bitch to constrain, but it's a real time saver.
QUOTE(Magenta @ Mar 22 2007, 05:38 AM)3. If you used any not-free BBSes back in the day, were you one of the people who gave credits out to others in need, or were you a leecher?
tongue.gif
I lurked mainly. Leeched some, but I worked at a computer store at the time, so mainly downloaded utilities and text files and stuff. I set up an All American BBS for a while, but it didn't get very far, cuz I didn't have a dedicated line.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif

That's a hard one... Even though I adore TV's Frank, I'd have to go with the season one episode ROBOT MONSTER.
(oh I'm peepin' through the knothole, on grandpa's wooden leg, why'd they put the shore so near the ocean...
rofl2.gif
)
I have no questions for you, but I must say that MST3K's Robot Monster is HILARIOUS . My dad has a bunch of old MST3K tapes and that has to be the best one. My family (well, except my mom) pretends to belong to "Ro-manism," (we're atheist normally) the worship of all things Ro-man
rofl2.gif
*goes off to watch the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Ro-man tape for the thousandth time*
I recommend that everyone see that, any way possible.
Seriously.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Is there a famous person you could say you looked a bit alike, and if so, who is it ?

I truly have no idea. When I was a teenager I could match my face up perfectly with the embossed silver face of Ace Frehley inside of KISS's Double Platinum album. I'm kinda glad I didn't end up looking like he does now though. I'll show you a picture of me below, and you tell me if I remind you of anybody, chances are I don't.
2. Favourite comedy show ?

Recent: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, oh, and Metalocalypse, which is hilarious to me cuz I spent a couple years drumming for a speed-metal band, and they nail it pretty good.
Not so recent: MST3k... also Space Ghost Coast to Coast... also PeeWee's Playhouse
Waaaay back: The Hudson Brother's Show, that emu puppet slayed me every time. Oh, and Banana Splits, natch.
QUOTE(rambozotheclown @ Mar 22 2007, 08:58 AM)3. If you were going bald, would you
a) shave it all off - to hell with it
or
b) adopt a dodgy looking "comb-over" ?
I'm bald. See?
ontheporch.jpg

I used to have lots and lots of hair. See?
freqout.jpg

It started falling out when I was in my twenties, eventually I did the ponytail thing to mask it somewhat. When it got obvious though, in my thirties, I chopped it.

Bonus off-topic picture I found while looking for the hairy one.
I had a monkey when I was a kid. See?
garysam.jpg

(yes, those are plaid slacks
ph34r.gif
)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome that you're a Vonnegut fan, dude. I've got pretty much all of his books, and I've never read Mother Night before. I'll have to pick that one up next time I'm in a book store.

Also if you haven't read them:
Sirens of Titan
Galapagos
God Bless You Mr. Rosewater
Ah, hell, read 'em all!
1 - What is the key to happiness?

Empathy... and loose shoes.

2 - What's your biggest pet peeve?

Incorrectly sized (stretched) avatars! Seriously though, people who claim to be Christians, but if Jesus were around, he'd be hard pressed not to kick their ass.

QUOTE(spokenrope @ Mar 22 2007, 09:19 AM)
3 - What is the key to having a successful marriage?
Honesty and perseverance... and empathy... and being good company to your spouse.
Then again, my wife did leave me, so maybe you're asking the wrong guy.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. What drew you to Unitarian Universalism? Are you still an active participant, or has your faith recently been shaken? Would you recommend it to others?

I'm an atheist. They welcome atheists. I lived a rather sequestered life when I was with my wife. When she left, I was eager to expand my social life, and find an avenue to help others effectively. They best fit the bill. I'm still not a member, but I still go, and will probably join soon. They seem to follow the same ideals as I do, and they don't tend to wrap it up in supernatural clothing. As far as my faith being shaken, the only faith I have is in my fellow man, and that's gonna be pretty hard to shake. And, yes, I would recommend trying it. Again, I'm not fully in yet, but so far I like what I've seen.
2. Did your wife run off with John Mayer? If not, please provide an alternative explanation for your exuberant hatred of a fellow musician.

She ran off with a doe-eyed boy, but actually he looks more like a young Peter Buck from R.E.M. Close enough! Talentless hack! (lol)
QUOTE(jdtsm22 @ Mar 22 2007, 11:45 AM)3. As an adult with a family and (I assume) responsibilities, how do you balance those responsibilities with your participation in this forum?
I leave the computer on and check in when I can. My life is very "hurry up and wait" right now, but when things smooth out a bit, I'll be a little more pressed to find the time I'm sure. Still, I don't sleep much, so you can pretty much bank on me being around at night regardless. This week I've got my boys here, and they have pink eye, so we can't go to the park or visit friends till it clears up. That's why I've had time to answer all these questions. Lucky me, right? My eye itches..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM