Gaming Knights in the Nightmare

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a lot to learns, there are like 25 tutorial levels.

But my friend seems to have fun with it. He admits it's ridiculously hard as well.

Chikenkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i didn't like about it was that the story was kinda confusing around the beginning and also the long ass tutorial =/

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the game gets a bad rap for being hard, but it's not so much a difficult game as is it one that does a poor job explaining itself. Rather than dole out instruction as you go, you're forced to either spend the first few hours reading and playing through tutorials, or jumping in headfirst (which I DO NOT recommend). It's a really fun game, though, and it's not really that hard once you understand its workings. It doesn't require precision or great timing, just patience. I remember playing through about the first 15 missions before I even realized I could recruit people into my party. But that's the game in a nutshell, really. Forget holding your hand; this game ignores the player almost completely. It's a game by Sting, though, so...

Bottom line: very fun, very uninviting.

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giving it a try, and I have to admit that the art is beautiful. i got tired of reading the tutorial so I jumped in after the basic tutorial =P

it is very interesting and amusing so far but how do I recruit allies? I pick up the items but how do I give the item to the allies on the field?

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yzak said:
giving it a try, and I have to admit that the art is beautiful. i got tired of reading the tutorial so I jumped in after the basic tutorial =P

it is very interesting and amusing so far but how do I recruit allies? I pick up the items but how do I give the item to the allies on the field?

Equip it between rounds like you would a weapon, then drag the item onto the appropriate character the same way you would begin an attack.

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw guys is it necessary to read the story? is it okay to just skip to the battles and have fun in there
?

the story feels kinda wack =P

bol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how people say the ps3 game Demon's Souls is like crazy hard... and yet it gets great reviews and the majority of people who own a ps3 game says very good things about Demon's Souls, but they admit that if you don't take the time to learn the game, you won't like it?

The same thing can be said for knights of the nightmare.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still surprised people find this game, "too complicated" or even difficult. There's a bit of info you need to know, but while playing through the game, the gameplay was never overwhelming. The mechanics aren't all that complex, it really isn't. I played 8 hours without even touching half the tutorial and I got through it just fine. Plenty of recruits, items, etc.

When you first start out, all you need to do is four things.

1. Dodge the attacks via stylus
2. Drag the right weapons from the side, then drop it on the character, then let them charge. Attack at the right timing.
3. Change between Chaos and Law when the fog is getting thinner.
4. Whenever you land a hit, collect the gems that scatter around.

I honest found the people complaining about the game were lazy.

And don`t compare this to Demon`s Souls for crying out loud. Demon`s Souls control scheme is like any other RPG, and plays like a normal RPG with a few more options. What makes it a `difficult`RPG is that the game punishes people that do not prepare. You gotta be cautious at all times, or you can get brutally slaughtered. People love it for the challenge, atmosphere and the memorable boss fights. It`s difficult, because it will kill you in a matter of seconds unless you`re throughly prepared, and ready for anything at all times.

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
I'm still surprised people find this game, "too complicated" or even difficult. There's a bit of info you need to know, but while playing through the game, the gameplay was never overwhelming. The mechanics aren't all that complex, it really isn't. I played 8 hours without even touching half the tutorial and I got through it just fine. Plenty of recruits, items, etc.

When you first start out, all you need to do is four things.

1. Dodge the attacks via stylus
2. Drag the right weapons from the side, then drop it on the character, then let them charge. Attack at the right timing.
3. Change between Chaos and Law when the fog is getting thinner.
4. Whenever you land a hit, collect the gems that scatter around.

I honest found the people complaining about the game were lazy.

And don`t compare this to Demon`s Souls for crying out loud. Demon`s Souls control scheme is like any other RPG, and plays like a normal RPG with a few more options. What makes it a `difficult`RPG is that the game punishes people that do not prepare. You gotta be cautious at all times, or you can get brutally slaughtered. People love it for the challenge, atmosphere and the memorable boss fights. It`s difficult, because it will kill you in a matter of seconds unless you`re throughly prepared, and ready for anything at all times.

good review.

maybe it is because i am playing on easy, being my first time, but the game is not "hard" like people are saying. Killing the monsters is a breeze and dodging the bullets is a joke. the only thing I need to learn and will learn with more play, is how the extra features work, such as: item breakdown, fusing, how to increase vitality, which characters i should level, which ones I should exile, transoul, how to increase durability of weapons, etc.

btw doesn't the game get repetitive? i like it cuz it is flashy but the battles are kinda the same thing over and over again. But i like it and it is a game worth getting! skip the story though cuz they talk real slow and walk real slow.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember when i tried to get into this game i was like ok i will do the tutorials after getting comfy and doing all of them it took like an 1hour n half i was like oh there is more and it was just pages apon pages of extra stuff im like OH HELL NAH O.O

but when i played the game its actually pretty sweet after you know what ur doing

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is very, very easy.
I played and had pretty much 0 problems (excluding a boss or two).
That, and I originally played it in japanese (i'm impatient). So if I could play the game easily in Japanese, most people should be able to play easily in english, lol.

DESPITE THAT, the game is still very fun, and it makes you look like a madman sometimes while playing (people in my chemistry class liked to stare and WTF at me when I played).
It looks difficult, but once you figure the game out (do the tutorials), it's easy.

Give 'er a try. You've got nothing to lose really. It's certainly an innovative game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD