naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every school year, my school holds a kite-flying contest. All first year students are required to participate. We are grouped into groups of 5 per section.
It just so happened that my group made a good kite
biggrin.gif
Last saturday, our group gave the kite a run and woah, it flew up high without alot of running. It was windy but even the other kites won't fly. Anyway, our kite flew up so high until the wind stopped. The kite landed at the rooftop of one of the main buildings which was 4 floors high. D:
Luckily, we got an extra kite, but it needed more tinkering. We moved some plastic here and there, and yay it flew high. It was like the previous kite, except with a different shape. First one was diamond shaped while new one was triangular.

Tomorrow will be the contest. I get to fly the kite
biggrin.gif
. Earlier today, even without wind, it flew high up. I'm sure we'll win >:D.

To those who had experience with kites: any tips on how to fly kites? Just to make sure I don't screw up. Lol.

Other random updates:
YARHAR TWO MORE CHARACTERS TO GO IN FFVI. But why is the phoenix cave darn hard?
frown.gif

This coming Friday, my batch will have a stargazing night. We get to uhh 'gaze stars' and stay up late. There were rumors about ghosts in the main building(where the first kite crashed). ughhhghghghghghughughguhgh. Lol looking at the fourth floor of the building will get you sent to the discipline office. rawer.
I have this classmate who is pretty. She looks pretty and her attitude is decent. The only problem with her is well... she doesn't use Aluminum Chlorohydrate. Yeah you know what that means. D: Should I tell her?
Upin and Ipin must be the worst animated series made.
My cat MAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO*ed so loud this morning. She wanted to go inside the bathroom. I was taking a bath then. She was thirsty.
I wub 20 sided dice

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hehehe. Reminds me of my days in junior high. We had a contest to build PeKe racers (stands for Potential energy, Kinetic energy) - rubber band powered racers. Just make sure your string isn't tangled and go to it!

Love stargazing. But I cannot stand the fact that the people I stargaze with, can't shut up. I prefer to be in nature, without human noise!

Some people don't use deodorant. I mostly use the unscented stuff, and a dose of Axe sometimes. Not often, although. I don't think you should tell the girl that "she stinks". Just make sure she knows in some roundabout way.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
I prefer to be in nature, without human noise!
I enjoy nature as well, but I usually sit there (There as in the forest in my backyard, or up at my camp) with my headphones on, listening to calm music so I can't here my neighbors talking, or dogs barking. If no one is around however, I'll just sit there and listen to the natural sounds (It's really cool, since there's a creek in the forest as well).

I've never really got into stargazing though, since I get dizzy when I stare at the stars.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not homosexual...It's pretty stupid that some people label males that enjoy nature gay. If anything, people that don't appreciate nature should be criticized, as it's more extravagant than anything else (Well, depending on the area).

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:
astrangeone said:
I enjoy nature as well, but I usually sit there (There as in the forest in my backyard, or up at my camp) with my headphones on, listening to calm music so I can't here my neighbors talking, or dogs barking. If no one is around however, I'll just sit there and listen to the natural sounds (It's really cool, since there's a creek in the forest as well).

I've never really got into stargazing though, since I get dizzy when I stare at the stars.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not homosexual...It's pretty stupid that some people label males that enjoy nature gay. If anything, people that don't appreciate nature should be criticized, as it's more extravagant than anything else (Well, depending on the area).

Honestly, I wish people didn't say the word "gay" as a negative connotation. I'm kind of anti-social (I think I have mild autism) and being in nature makes me happy. That silence/nature sounds that some people cannot deal with is my favourite thing. I wish people would stop and enjoy nature once in a while, don't you?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
TDWP FTW said:
astrangeone said:

Honestly, I wish people didn't say the word "gay" as a negative connotation. I'm kind of anti-social (I think I have mild autism) and being in nature makes me happy. That silence/nature sounds that some people cannot deal with is my favourite thing. I wish people would stop and enjoy nature once in a while, don't you?
I wasn't trying to use it negatively. I'm just saying most people label guys that like nature as gay, and a lot of people dislike gays. I have quite a few homosexual friends, so I don't use it offensively, but sometimes it might slip, since what my friends (Most are my age, and some even older, but they can't seem to be mature) say sometimes causes me to start saying stupid things over time. But yes, I wish people could put down their DS or iPod during a short car ride through the country and take in the scenery. Technology is marvelous, but not as much as the Earth itself.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got home from school

@TumbleDryLow and possibly others: There were two rounds. The first round was the kite must get as high as the main building. The second round was to just fly it high.

We got in the second round, which was the finals yay We were given two hours to prepare for the next round but while flying there was a strong gust of wind and next thing we knew is that our kite was stuck in a tree. Good thing my classmate has a spare but it wasn't enough. We lost the second round
frown.gif
. Our second kite flew up so high then it gets stuck in a tree.
frown.gif

There were also unfortunate kites. Which were mostly from my section. One landed in one of the rooftop of one building and another one went into the squatter's area along the road.

At least we made a good kite
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy