1. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Atmosphere 0.9.4, system version is 9.0.1.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. I spent up to 4 AM trying to get it to work last night, but just now, a few minutes ago, I got it working.
    But now I can see the game has... performance issues even with max overclock on everything.
    At first it seems to run perfectly fine, but then later on starts running in slow-motion (I think) or capping back down to 30FPS.
    Stranger still, it seems to run at 30FPS in the same areas and situations where it can also handle 60FPS.

I believe the Switch might be throttling its clock speeds to protect itself from frying itself. Obviously a smart move, but it doesn't help performance ingame.
    Perhaps there's an app to force the fans to run at a high speed constantly to cool itself off more effectively? (Even if it will generate a lot of noise)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  2. Alex S

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

United States
    thats kinda the issue is that star allies is a 32bit game and ReverseNX just cant run on it.

3. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    NSO is 64-bit, so false info. Game at its core is 32-bit, but ReverseNX is touching only NSO.

NSO 4.0.0:
    upload_2019-11-25_22-12-41.png

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Abrupt update, but I have finally got things sorted out and am now playing through Kirby Star Allies, and am recording a full 100% playthrough.

Part 1:

Parts 2 and 3 can be found by going to my Youtube channel, aswell.

And, another thing I observed is, when in the main menu or in the world selection menu, the game seems to run with no antialiasing, whereas ingame there seems to be antialiasing. Perhaps disabling antialiasing may bring a favorable boost in performance and even allow 60FPS while docked w/out ReverseNX Portable flag?

5. Kirby567fan

OP Kirby567fan GBAtemp Regular

Morocco
    Hmm havent noticed that, but ill try looking into it this week, still generally antialiasing doesnt really cost a lot of performance unless its a really aggressive one like the one in DOOM 2016. Thanks for the videos btw its really nice to see this game played at the framerate it should have been in from the start.

6. namihepenguin

namihepenguin Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Is it impossible to reduce the internal resolution and shadow resolution and secure the frame rate like Fire Emblem Warriors?

7. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Certainly not impossible, but i'm not sure if anyone knows how to do so right now.

8. Kirby567fan

OP Kirby567fan GBAtemp Regular

Morocco
    Added LowerRes mod.

zeldaism likes this.
  9. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow it runs incredibly smooth with the lowres mod. Awesome job! :yayswitch:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Allies, Kirby, 60FPS