Kirby Adventure Wii NOT working

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by rush2802, Nov 13, 2012.

Nov 13, 2012
  1. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    I've found a problem trying to run Kirby Adventure Wii (the PAL version of Kirby's Return to Dreamland) using CFG USB Loader v70, strangely, it worked before but now hangs (black screen) after selecting a save file, and it's the same ISO i used the 1st time around (i keep a backup in my PC), i'm trying to load through SD, i don't know if it makes a difference.

Anyway, here's my sysCheck report:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I updated everything a few days ago using ModMii... i hope anyone can help me, i want to replay that game :/

You may notice i have installed IOS249 d2x v7 Final, i installed that today believing that downgrading that particular IOS would help me, i was wrong.

2. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    Umm...it is called USB loader, try that, but USB Loader GX has better SD support

3. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    Is it possible por a particular game to NOT work when played from an SD card?

4. pBullet

Member pBullet SHSL Idol

United States
    No, not really. Generally USB drives are formatted as NTFS as you don't need to split the games, or in WBFS so you don't need to do anything really. SD is generally in FAT32 with 32 bit clusters so it shouldn't impede the loading of the game.

Return to Dreamland, if I remember right, has some weirdo anti-piracy measures added into it and it spazzes out at random moments. Try using IOS250 instead on the game load, or try using Hermes IOS222 instead.

However mini-games do tend to freeze anyways

5. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Try using this (props to dcx2 @ GeckoCodes.org). Just save the file as "gameconfig.txt" (without quotes) on the root of your SD Card, and load the game as you would normally do.

This will hopefully disable the MetaFortress protection the game has.

6. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    Well, none of the 2 above solutions worked... i'm puzzled because i've played it before with no problems at all and now it hangs :/

7. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    Well, i found a solution... The game refuses to load any cinematics when played from the Wii's SD slot (That's the reason why it hanged after the file selection screen, since the file was marked as New it had to show the first cinematic...), it works fine when played through USB. I used two SD cards with an USB card reader, one formatted to WBFS and one formatted to FAT32 just to be on the safe side and both worked using even the most basic options (I had to set Video to System Default because the game is a PAL version and that's it)

I hope this info helps everybody who has trouble with this game

8. eder.oliveira

Newcomer eder.oliveira Newbie

Brazil
    hi, I'm having problems with this game too, it worked before, but I think that my case is specific, first, when it worked, I don't remember well, because it was so many months ago, I think I was running cfg loader via sd card and the game in WBFS partition, with cIOS d2x v6 in IOS 249, then, now I'm running cfg loader from the fat32 partition of my HD (all other games still works), or run via WiiFlow on sd card fat32 with d2x v6 or d2x v9 from partition WBFS on HD and the game doesn't work, it past the intro and freezes in the black screen, I noted that the iso has 4.something and when I transfer it to the WBFS partition using WBFS manager it gets 1.3 in space, can it be the problem? any help?

9. _acid_

Member _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    perhaps first you should show us a syscheck so we know can exactly what IOS's you have

and about the size of the .iso and the size that WBFS manager shows, the manager shows the actual game size. all wii iso's are around 4 gigs, they are not the actual gamesize

10. eder.oliveira

Brazil

I partially found the root of this random problem that affect a high number of people, I tested the game with 4 HD, mine's, my brother's, a copy of mine and of a friend of mine, and it worked on the HD from my friend and from my brother on my wii, and mine's and the copy of my HD doesn't work on the wii of my brother and of my friend, then I thought it must be a incompatibility with some game that I have on my HD, I formated My HD and just added the kirby game, and it worked, now i compared the games that I have different of the HD of my friend, and then I adding one by one to see if one of them is causing the Kirby game to crash, any news I'll update you guys.

_acid_ likes this.
  11. eder.oliveira

Brazil

Hey, long time no see, Just updating, i discovered that some games can run on a hd, and some notm, this was this case, the same game played on other hd, my hd wasn't playing kirby first, then it stopped playing my other games, now my wii can't read anything from it, I changed the hd and put the same games on it and now work

12. _acid_

Member _acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    so everything is fixed? great :)