Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep EU (E3?) Trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jun 15, 2010.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The new PSP game Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep trailer has apparently been leaked ahead of schedule. All i can say is that i'm rather pleased with the English voices, the main reason i wanted to see it. Take a peek-

(Saving the video in case it's taken down). Birth By Sleep is a prequel to the rest of the series, happening 10 years prior to the first game. It stars Terra, Ven, and Aqua who are three apprentice keyblade wielder under the teachings of Master Erauqs. Terra is dispatched to deal with a new threat- unversed, which are creatures similar to heartless which feed off the negative emotions of people. In addition to that, Erauqs' old colleague Master Xehanort has gone missing somehow, and a new character named Vanitas (the masked boy in black and red) has appeared wielding a keyblade and causing trouble as well. Ven and Aqua get caught up in the plot as well, as an intricately crafted story unfolds answering many of the questions set in other Kingdom Hearts games. There are a lot of secrets to be found and answers to find. The biggest being Ven's connection to Roxas (whom he is identical to), Xehanort's origins (he plays an important role in the rest of the series), and what happened to all the keyblade wielders by the beginning of KH1.

You may notice some famous voices here. Jesse McCartney is voicing Ven of course (since he also voiced Roxas). Terra is being voiced by Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, animated Joker). And Leonard Nimoy (Mr Spock from Star Trek) is voicing the old Master Xehanort. There may be some more that were not mentioned, Erauqs sounds a bit familiar. I know who voices Vanitas, but it's considered spoiler material. If you're familiar with the other games, you might be able to figure it out for yourself. He sounds awesome though. Nice badass voice. [​IMG]

This is a localization of the Japanese version of course, but they are also adding new scenes, bosses, and extras for the US audience. You may notice the presence of a black cloaked figure in the trailer with blue energy swords. He did NOT appear in the Japanese version for one, so there's you an example of a change.

Birth By Sleep will be landing in the US this year on September 10th. Keep an eye on it! [​IMG]

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    ^ This will be shown at Sony's E3 right? Either way, I'm liking where this is going.

3. granville
    OP

United States
    It's actually the Europe trailer, which i am betting will just be the same as the E3 trailer, but with an ESRB rating.

4. Taik

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    The new boss looks tough, good thing.

5. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    aqua's voice is deep or mature and Xehanort sounds like an old man with a cold getting run over by a car while vomiting ... well its true.

6. granville
    OP

United States
    I may have gotten it mixed up. Not sure if it's Terra or Erauqs that is being voiced by Mark Hamill. Some people on KH fansites are actually convinced that Terra is voiced by Christian Bale... Which i would find kind of surprising.

7. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Aqua and Terra's voice acting seems so shallow and lifeless. =/ Even Jesse McCartney watered down his voice acting for Ventus. And I don't care what anyone says, Jesse McCartney did an alright job as Roxas. I can't imagine Roxas with a different voice. Don't know or care how many people agree.

8. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    I'm ok with this. I don't like Aqua's voice that much though...

9. Big Kong Boss

Member Big Kong Boss GBAtemp Fan

Korea, South
    I spy a new boss [​IMG]