Gaming Kinect keeps asking for update

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just got a Kinect and am trying to use it on my elite 250GB JTAG device.
The problem though is every time I start the console up it shows me the welcome tutorial thing and keeps telling me an update is required and if I want to update..

Obviously I can't do that because I will lose my JTAG (I think) so is there any other way for me to use the kinect+games without updating with the software I got with the Kinect?

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm I didn't mod the console myself so I think it's best to return to the guy who modded it for me..
Especially since I have no idea what a nand is

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
KingNL said:
Hm I didn't mod the console myself so I think it's best to return to the guy who modded it for me..
Especially since I have no idea what a nand is
yes, dont want to mess that up
mellow.gif

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The strange thing is I already have the Kinect dash...
It says in system info my current version is 2.0.12611.0

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming you are on the kinect dash freeboot what the update probably wants to do is add avatar data. You should be able to get around it if you want but if you let it go then it should be OK.

Plastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Assuming you are on the kinect dash freeboot what the update probably wants to do is add avatar data. You should be able to get around it if you want but if you let it go then it should be OK.

Not the Kinect is not working the light that is should be green goes to red and it keeps saying you need an update

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinect drivers are installed to the hard drive, not with the dash itself. Its why you 100% need to update for everything to work right.

Plastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But i need to know how to get the kinect drivers installed and the Avita with out going to xbox live. I have the 2.0.12611.0 dash but even the disk that comes with kinect does not appear to want to install the drivers
Are there updates files any where

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Dash 2.0.12611.0 was installed onto a jtag. Then Kinect was connected to the consol. On first boot it asked for an update to be installed. Continue (or whatever the option was to proceed) was selected.

The update automatically installed with no disc needed, no internet connection was needed it simply updated. Whatever the update is the drivers / update is either built into Kinect or into the dash and activate to be installed on first use when Kinect is placed on the Consol itself.

Once the Update was completed it went through an initial setup and all was done and a prompt to update never appeared again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.