Kinda...new?

ZodiacD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while trying to register, it said the username was already taken, so I was like, wow, and I actually logged in. Not sure if I made an intro but even if I did, I honestly don't recall being at this website at all lol. So i'm new here because I officially just bought myself a Nintendo DSi, told my friend where I can get it...tweaked? He told me to come here so I did. Only thing is, I'm searching around but I seriously have no clue what to look for and to start looking for. It says my Firmware is 1.3U. Not sure if I did a right thing but I went online earlier and bought something where it was R4 + a memory stick. So now just waiting on that, but what else can I do? Anyone willing to direct me towards the light?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ZodiacD said:
Not sure if I did a right thing but I went online earlier and bought something where it was R4 + a memory stick. So now just waiting on that, but what else can I do? Anyone willing to direct me towards the light?
unfortunately, you didn't
frown.gif

if you bought an r4 then it won't work on your dsi
if you bought an r4i then it will work but it's the crappiest of the crappy.
as long as the games you wan to play work then it's ok but a lot of newer ones will not...

hope that helps...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you ahve $21 for another act buy the M3i Zero From dealextreme its the best cart for the dsi
if you want something cheaper go for the acekard 2i
but i highly reccomend the m3i zero

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
rockstar99 said:
If you ahve $21 for another act buy the M3i Zero From dealextreme its the best cart for the dsi
if you want something cheaper go for the acekard 2i
but i highly reccomend the m3i zero
while it's true that sakura is a much loved sexy beast, it has terrible homebrew support ad the alternate m3i firmware (touchpod) is sluggish and pathetic i much prefer my acekard 2/2i with akaio to my m3 real

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like both just see some reviws and get what you prefer but if its just for games get an ak i mainly use my ak for games n hombrew m3 only for rts and media

ZodiacD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm still kinda new to DSi, so for now I'm buying Kingdom Hearts because i'm a huge fan. But for other games, I'll grab them seperately with whatever works for the DSi. So I haven't updated, so I guess I'll buy the Acekard? And...where can I find the acekard? (I really like this place, people are extremely nice lol, awesomeness.)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah gabtemp is an awesome community
order this acekard
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728
and buy a microsd card from your local walmart or something
i reccomend atleast a 4gb
ive been using that acekard with an 8gb microsd for 4 months and have never had any problems

Here are some good games i reccomend you:
Kingdom Hearts
Scribblenauts
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver(Download Tey are not in US)
Mario Kart
Mario bowsers inside story
mario and luigi partners in time
avalon code
resident evil deadly silence
final fantasy 12
final fantasy cc echoes of time
new super mario bros
megaman star force 3 black ace/redjoker
gta chinatown wars
core
call of duty world at war
pokemon diamond/peart/platinum
pheonix wright
big bang mini
dragon ball z supersonic warriors 2
bleach blade of fate
zelda phantom hourglass

You should go visit the edge of forum its awesome there

ZodiacD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I'll get that. Now the only thing is, how do I continue from "fixing" it? Or should I wait until I get the acekard then ask questions lol?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after you get your acekard just search for AKAIO downlaod it and copy it onto your microsd card then just put games music videos pics whatever and play

ZodiacD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, so no flashing of any sort? Just pop in the card, and just play? That sounds way to easy...seriously? lol I really gotta try it now. Also, I remember reading to not upgrade firmware since 1.4 blocks the SD Card.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"MicroSD"
They come in 1,2,4,6,8 and 16gb
I would sugest you buy a 4gb or if you have extra money 8gb but not more than that you wont need it
Im using an 8gb sandisk class 4 microsd and it works flawlessly with the acekard 2i and AKAIO

ZodiacD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk it is then. Funny how Sandisk works perfectly but Sony's Memory Card doesn't work with Sony PSP XD. Sandisk has always been there for me since then. But thanks a lot dude. Greatly appreciate it. Anyway I can contact you directly like MSN? Facebook? Myspace? Incase I have any other questions? You seem like you know the ups and downs of the DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's great if you have something anyone else wants, otherwise it's annoying and potentially bad...