Hacking Kid Icarus Uprising Idea

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw an article some time back about using your computer as a proxy to re-watch nintendo video files.
If someone could figure out how spotpass is done with Kid Icarus Uprising, you could theoretically spoof nintendo and send yourself a customized weapon gem.

The only way I can see this happening is if somebody used their computer as a proxy and logged all packets going to and from the 3ds. IF they are smart enough, they may be able to figure out how it works, and then send some data of their own.

This could even (possibly) become an exploit in which to softmod the 3ds, though that is incredibly unlikely.

Please share your thoughts, unless they are flame.

-misterb98

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
No. It's not as easy as "Analyze, change, send". IIRC, the data sent via sportpass is encrypted, and unless a Nintendo employee who knows the keys comes out and gives them to us, the chances of us finding them ourselves is next to none.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Right section. Can't be done.

Spotpass as all communication with the 3ds uses encryption, more precisely AES-CTR. The CTR (Initial counter) is inside the header of the spotpass packet.
Meaning you need a special key to decrypt it.

MandL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to replicate spotpass data then? of course we can't decifer it, but if we can get the packets we can just resend them to the 3ds (once a day) for extra spot passes, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc