1. mesmeriize

OP mesmeriize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have both and am planning to sell 1 before the Nintendo switch pro comes out.
    Here are the pros of each of them

Trinket0 Switch can run more mods and supports injecting payloads

SX Mariko Switch has more battery life

For now, I'm thinking about getting rid of my mariko but if there's new development in the mod scene for mariko compatibility with atmosphere and injecting payloads, then the mariko would be the better console to keep for mods.

2. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd go with selling Mariko for the same reasons you've listed above

In my opinion the nerfed functionality of ams etc isn't worth increased battery life unless that's the only switch you own...and even then the suggestion would be to get an unpatched switch if you didn't have one if at all possible

3. dangopig

dangopig GBAtemp Regular

Congo, Democratic Republic of the
    IMO an unpatched Switch is worth more than a modded Mariko. Also if you play docked 99% of the time (I do), Mariko's longer battery life is irrelevant.

4. mesmeriize

OP mesmeriize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mostly play handheld in the house and the increased battery life is real useful. I have the gulikit attachable power bank and that gives me like 12 hours of play on the mariko and around 7 hours on the unpatched

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Well I'm not in a rush to sell until the switch pro is officially announced so by then, I'll enjoy my mariko as much as I can. I mainly use my mariko to play and my unpatched for save editing. If by then, we can inject payloads like memloader and use atmos on mariko, its a no brainer in keeping my mariko

5. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

I'd keep the Mariko, battery it's important to you as you said and the other one's battery has to be old by this point so it's gonna last less every year and my experience finding REAL OEM batteries for DualShock 3 and Wii U gamepads has told me that it's never going to be the same.

mesmeriize likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Trinket0, Switch, Mariko